News - August 2005

Wednesday 31 August - Greens win nine goal thriller

Hendon beat Wealdstone tonight in one of those games that will live long in the memory. The final score was 5-4 to the Greens after they were 4-1 down shortly before half time. It was the Stones that drew first blood when Iain Duncan gave away a penalty in the 6th minute which was converted by Ryan Harris. Five minutes later new signing Bilal Aiteouakrim equalised with a decent finish but in the 20th minute Richard Jolly restored the lead for Wealdstone. Former Hendon midfielder Paul Adolphe made it 3-1 in the 32nd minute before Jolly capitalised on yet another defensive mistake in the first minute of first half injury time to score the fourth. However, there was still time for Hendon, who had looked as good going forward as bad as they looked defensively, to pull a goal back thanks to a Eugene Ofori header that went in off the post.

James Parker and debutant Jimmy Froud replaced Duncan and Mark Burgess at half time, and the Greens came out all guns blazing, determined to put things right. Goal number three came in the 66th minute when John Frendo finished off a good move with a fine shot, and in the 81st minute Ofori scored the fourth with an inch perfect shot just inside the post. The crucial winning goal came two minutes later when a cross from Danny Murphy suddenly swerved and flew into the net past the despairing Russell Ling. Despite a couple of late scares, Hendon were able to hold on to the lead and earn the three points that lifted them six places up the table.

Posted at 22:45

Wednesday 31 August - Two new faces

There were two new faces in tonights line up at Wealdstone. Joining from Windsor & Eton is Moroccan attacker Belal Aiteouakrim, while Jimmy Froud is another former QPR youngster who has also spent some time at Hayes. We welcome both players to the club and hope they enjoy their time with us.

Posted at 22:25

Wednesday 31 August - Another early kick off

Our away game against Chelmsford City on Saturday 8th October will kick off at 1.00pm to avoid a clash with another World Cup Qualifier. Supporters are also reminded that Chelmsford City are still playing at Billericay Town's New Lodge ground.

Posted at 14:00

Monday 29 August - The only way is up

The Greens go into Wednesday evening's game at Wealdstone in the knowledge that the only way is up. After Monday afternoon's fixtures which saw Maldon Town pick up a point at Braintree Town, the Greens slipped to the foot of the table and are now the only team in the division without a point. The players will be keen to put this right and get some points on the board.

Wealdstone have had a bright start to the season dropping just two points in their first three games. There have been a number of changes in personnel since last season although the prolific strike partnership of Jermaine Beckford and Richard Jolly is still together. Supporters are reminded that Wealdstone now play at Northwood's Chestnut Avenue ground, and kick off on Wednesday will be at 7.45pm.

Posted at 18:30

Monday 29 August - Sponsorship news

We wish to thank our main sponsors, UK Packaging and Adidas for their continued support this season. This will be the last season in which UK Packaging will be associated with us, we thank them for their long standing loyalty and support over the many years they have been with us.

Adidas begin their second year of sponsorship. The first team, reserves, all our youth sides and the two ladies teams all wear the famous adidas brand. Each teams kit is identical to what our first team wear - home and away. Also you will note that all the first team squad are kitted out in adidas tracksuits and T-shirts and many of you have mentioned how professional they look with in their new red and black pre-match warm up kit. Our thanks go to Adidas for looking after the team so well.

Posted at 10:00

Monday 29 August - 150 club £600 winner

The winner of the August draw, winning £600 is number 132. Supporters are reminded that the new year for the 150 Club starts in September. It costs just £2 per month and you can join either by calling into the club shop, or by downloading the forms that can be found by going to the 150 club page on the website.

Posted at 09:55

Sunday 28 August - It's a century

Two players reached a century of first team appearances yesterday in the defeat to Hampton & Richmond Borough. Mark Burgess, who is now in his fourth spell with the club, made his first team debut on 18th February 1997 in a home league game against Kingstonian. Mark has been a very important part of the defence over the past couple of years. The second player is Ross Pickett who returned to the club last October. Ross made his debut on 19th August 2000 in a 4-0 win over Croydon, scoring the second goal of the game. He became a regular in the side until departing in January 2002. Upon his return last year he immediately broke back into the side. During his time with the club he has scored 27 goals the best of which was an overhead kick at Slough in the FA Trophy last season. Two other players are on the verge of reaching their 100th appearance. James Burgess has made 95 appearances while René Street has made 91 appearances. Meanwhile, striker Eugene Ofori is fast approaching his 200th appearance having made 193 so far.

Posted at 14:00

Sunday 28 August - A message of thanks

On Tuesday evening a moving tribute was paid to our late Chairman Ivor Arbiter. The game was attended by his widow Mrs Adrienne Arbiter, his daughter Joanne Landesberg and his grandson Nicholas Landesberg. Our match announcer Tony Wood delivered an emotional message prior to the one minute silence that was held in the Chairman's memory. Tony did us proud with his words as did everyone here, Hendon supporters, Fisher supporters and neutrals alike, with the total respect of silence. On behalf of us all at Hendon Football Club, we wish to thank everyone who sent messages of condolence to his family via the club, by post, e-mail, website or verbally. We can assure you all that every message and card has been forwarded. Thank you.

Posted at 13:45

Sunday 28 August - Under 18 league cup draw

The draw for the Middlesex County League Cup has been made, and the under 18s have been drawn at home to Southall Reserves. The game will take place at Copthall Playing Fields on Saturday 1st October 2005.

Posted at 13:30

Saturday 27 August - Disappointing Greens lose again

Hendon put in a very disappointing performance this afternoon as they went down to their third defeat in a row losing 2-0 to Hampton & Richmond Borough. The Greens made a change in formation from the previous two games, but it didn't give the team the impetus that was hoped for. Both goals came in the first half, the first in the 12th minute when Steve McGrath put the ball into his own net, and the second in the 32nd minute when Matt Elverson headed home a free kick. Hendon's best chances came early in the first half when Mark Burgess missed an empty net and late on in the second half when Eugene Ofori hit the base of the post. The Greens will go into the local derby against Wealdstone on Wednesday keen to get the first points of the season on the board.

Posted at 18:30

Saturday 27 August - FA Cup opponents known

We now know that we will be entertaining Biggleswade United in the first qualifying round of the FA Cup on Saturday 10th September. Our opponents progressed through the preliminary round this afternoon beating Tring Athletic. Biggleswade play in the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division, two levels below the Greens.

Posted at 18:15

Saturday 27 August - Opening youth team fixtures

The opening fixtures for the Harrow Youth League have been released this week, and our newly formed under 15 side will open their campaign with two home games in Division Three. On Sunday 18th September they entertain Kodak and a week later they entertain Bessingby Park Rangers B. Meanwhile the under 13's will be in determined mood to earn promotion this season after missing out by one point last term. Their opening fixture on 18th September is away to Old Isleworthians B and the following week they are at home to Pinnstars B.

Posted at 13:15

Saturday 27 August - Early kick off next week

Next Saturday's home fixture against Bromley will kick off at the earlier time of 1.00pm. This is to avoid a clash with the Wales v England World Cup Qualifier that is kicking off at 3.00pm. All supporters are welcome to watch the England game in the clubhouse.

Posted at 10:00

Wednesday 24 August - Tribute to Ivor Arbiter (1929-2005)

The following tribute was published in the matchday programme on 23rd August 2005.

"He was a true gentleman." Those were the words most used in the many tributes that were paid to the Chairman, via letter, card, telephone or e-mail. In fact, everyone that he met in football was treated as a friend and with respect. A friendship and respect that became mutual. And any Hendon supporter asking the Chairman an honest, sensible question was given an honest and sensible answer.

In almost every boardroom in and around the south east and beyond Ivor was quick to sing the praises of our Supporters Association, and for a man who had been so successful in business, he stood in wonder and respect at the work done by the Supporters Committee and its helpers in fundraising activities and in the work carried out by them and all our other volunteers on matchdays. They were not just supporters - to Ivor they were all friends.

A local man, he first became associated with Hendon Football Club when the Arbiter Group Plc became sponsors and we carried the famous 'Fender' guitar logo on our shirts, but it was to be a couple of years later, in August 1994, that he became our Chairman.

It was of course in the music industry that he made his name, and just like football, he was a highly respected figure in that field. It was Ivor who designed the Beatles logo featuring the dropped 'T' and he also sold Eric Clapton his first Fender Stratocaster. Jimi Hendriz was also one of his customers. His obituary in the Daily Express said that Ivor was regarded as a "hero to musicians." Well, he was also a bit of a hero to many Hendon fans as well.

Drums were Ivor's personal interest and he opened a shop called Drum City in the heart of London's music quarter on Shaftesbury Avenue in the Fifties. He was noted in the trade for his long list of 'firsts' - introducing new products into this country he made his shop an aladdins cave for musicians. More significantly he introduced the first Fender Stratocaster to Britain. If you wanted to purchase a set of drums from an expert it was Ivor you went to and with that in mind Brian Epstein was drawn to his shop with an unknown drummer - Ringo Starr. He sold Ringo a set of Ludwig drums and that brand went on to become the number one choice for drummers everywhere.

Ivor was unique in the music industry, always looking for new things to introduce and develop. You won't need many clues as to who first introduced Karaoke to Britain - yes, it was Ivor! Two years ago when he retired from the Arbiter company did he decide to give up work at 73 years of age? No! He opened up his own small factory in Dorset producing a drum set that he designed!

It was of course his football business that endeared him to Hendon supporters and it was on his instruction that the Arbiter Group purchased the club from Victor Green in August 1994. Midday on Friday 12th August was the deadline for the club to fulfil its commitments for the season. That deadline came and went and the clubs very future hung in the balance. We went into our first game at Slough Town the following day not knowing if there would ever be a second game. The agreement finally went through on the Monday. Without the eleventh hour intervention of the Chairman there would be no Hendon Football Club today.

Although his funeral service was held just 24 hours after his passing it was attended by an incredible number of people. They came from the music business, his boat club, professional football, non-league football and friends alike. So many that the service had to be relayed to many more people outside on television screens. At the end of the service a lone female singer sung his favourite song "My Way." Somehow, her voice full of emotion, she managed to get through the song, there could not have been a dry eye in the place. It was a wonderfully moving farewell.

Goodbye Mr Chairman

Posted at 14:00

Tuesday 23 August - Second defeat for Hendon

Hendon's tough start to the season continued this evening as they lost 2-1 to a very strong Fisher Athletic side at Claremont Road. Fisher started out very brightly and the Greens were on the back foot for much of the first half. It was no great surprise when Leroy Griffiths headed home a corner in the 18th minute to give the visitors the lead. Hendon did made a few inroads into the Fisher defence, and grabbed an undeserved equaliser in the 31st minute when John Frendo capitalised on a poor clearance from a defender to fire the ball home. However, within eight minutes Fisher were back in front after Chris Piper finished off a quick move. The Greens came out in determined fashion in the second half and put in a much improved performance. They were unfortunate not to score when Frendo had a header cleared off the line and saw a fierce shot fly straight at the keeper but Fisher held on for the three points.

Posted at 23:00

Monday 22 August - Trust off to encouraging start

The proposed Hendon FC Trust is off to an encouraging start, with dozens of people expressing interest in the idea, and with a number of people volunteering to help where possible to adminster any organisation. The working committee are currently in touch with Supporters Direct to look at which of the potential options are likely to be best for the club in the long term and will communicate back to supporters when appropriate.

In the meantime, the working group would like to clear up a couple of assumptions made by the press recently. The formation of a trust is neither in reaction to the death of the late Ivor Arbiter, nor being founded with the sole aim of taking over the running of the football club, rather to support the continuation of Hendon FC for the future. While the committee continue to look at the options, they are encouraging all supporters to continue to visit their webpage and declare any interest in the foundation of a trust to assist with their planning.

Posted at 22:00

Monday 22 August - Home campaign begins

The first team open their home campaign tomorrow evening looking to put the first points of the season on the board as they entertain Fisher Athletic. Fisher won 3-1 against Redbridge on Saturday afternoon despite losing Warren Ryan to a red card while the scores were still level. The two sides met last season in the London Senior Cup in a game that Fisher won 4-2, Jason O'Connor and Anthony Clark finding the back of the net for the Greens after Fisher ran into a 4-0 lead in the first half. Kick off at Claremont Road will be at 7.45pm tomorrow, and will be preceded by a minutes silence in memory of the late Ivor Arbiter.

Posted at 15:00

Monday 22 August - Man of the Match problem

We have had some problems with the man of the match voting system due to system upgrades by FootballWebPages. While we look for a permanent alternative, we have set up a temporary voting system. This can be found by going to the Man of the Match page. Each vote will run for 10 days. If you had already voted for the Braintree game, you will need to place your vote again.

Posted at 14:00

Monday 22 August - Westview Youth Cup draw

The draw for the Westview Youth Cup, which is being competed for by 32 Ryman League sides U18 teams, has been announced. In the first round Mark Crawfords youngsters have been drawn at home to Edgware Town in a tie that should take place sometime during September. The winners will travel to Ware or Redbridge in the second round.

Posted at 13:00

Saturday 20 August - It won't be Haverhill

The FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round took place this afternoon, and in the tie that affects us, Biggleswade United beat Haverhill Rovers 6-0. This means that Biggleswade travel to Tring Athletic next Saturday afternoon in the Preliminary Round. The winners will visit Claremont Road on Saturday 10th September.

Posted at 18:30

Saturday 20 August - Greens suffer opening day defeat

Hendon lost their opening game of the season this afternoon going down 1-0 to Braintree Town. The home side started much brighter than the Greens in the first half and had three or four chances to take the lead in the first 25 minutes. Hendon then came back into the game and had chances of their own, the best of which saw a Ross Pickett header go just wide. The second half started like the first with Braintree making the running and they were rewarded when they took advantage of an error for Alex Revell to score from close range in the 56th minute. However, the Greens were determined not to give up and came very close to an equaliser when a header from Eugene Ofori slammed off the crossbar in the 81st minute and five minutes later Steve McGrath saw his effort fly just wide of the bar but the home side held on to win the game. Two players made their competitive debuts this afternoon in substitutes Andrew Judge and Youness Nabil.

Posted at 18:15

Thursday 18 August - All set for Braintree

Finally the beginning of the season is just hours away and a trip to Braintree Town awaits on Saturday afternoon. The Iron finished in the play offs last season, losing in the semi-finals to Eastleigh, and will be keen to make a challenge for the title this season. Manager George Borg has made some shrewd signings during the summer including goalkeeper Nick Morgan from Southend United, experienced striker Carl Griffiths from Heybridge Swifts and former Hendon striker Ricci Crace. The good news for Hendon supporters is that Gary McCann goes into the game with the whole squad fit and available. We hope that as many supporters will be able to make the trip to Essex on Saturday afternoon and get behind the team and hopefully cheer them on to a good start to the season. Kick off at Cressing Road is at 3.00pm. Admission is £8.00 for adults and £4.00 for concessions.

Posted at 14:00

Thursday 18 August - Womens team launch website

Our womens team have launched their own website which can be found at or by clicking the womens link on the left hand menu. The site carries all the usual information including fixtures, results and match reports. The womens team are hoping that by having their own website they will be able to increase the exposure that they get.

Posted at 13:00

Wednesday 17 August - FA Trophy date change

Our FA Trophy first qualifying round tie at Fisher Athletic will now take place on Friday 14th October 2005, kicking off at 7.45pm. The date change has been necessary as Fisher groundshare at Dulwich Hamlet, and as their landlords are also at home in the FA Trophy our game had to be moved.

Posted at 10:00

Tuesday 16 August - Injury update

Gary Anderson has today updated the current injury situation at the club. Danny Murphy suffered a fracture to the scaphoid bone (wrist) during preseason. The cast was removed today and a lightweight case is to be worn on a daily basis. An ultra-cast can be worn for competitive matches which cause no problem with referees or safety. Meanwhile Rob Courtnage suffered a slight hamstring strain last week but is able to get full range and strength. Rob should be able to train fully this week.

Posted at 10:00

Monday 15 August - First team squad announced

The first team squad for the start of the new season was announced today by the club. Of the squad that finished last season with us twelve players have agreed to remain with the club. Those players are James Burgess, Rob Courtnage, John Frendo, Danny Julienne, Dave King, Derek Lewis, Steve McGrath, Eugene Ofori, James Parker, Ross Pickett, René Street and Marvyn Watson. For those who weren't aware, Derek Lewis is a goalkeeper who signed as cover for Dave King from Ruislip Manor at the end of March.

There are three players returning to the club. As was mentioned back in May both Iain Duncan and Kieran Gallagher signed from Chertsey Town and Billericay Town respectively, while returning for his fourth spell with the club is defender Mark Burgess who spent a few months at Hornchurch last season.

There are six further new signings that have impressed during pre-season. Joining after being released in the summer by Queens Park Rangers are two teenagers in midfielder Andrew Judge and defender Danny Murphy. Experienced forward Youness Nabil has signed having played against the Greens numerous times in recent years while striker Lamine N'Dour joins having spent part of last season with Wealdstone. Midfielder Danny O'Sullivan has joined from Waltham Forest, while defender Billy Matthews has signed from Flackwell Heath.

We welcome all the players to the club and hope that they have a long and fruitful stay with us. The pen pictures and photos have been updated and can be found by going to the playing squad page.

Posted at 19:30

Monday 15 August - Reserves lose again

On Saturday afternoon, manager Mark Crawford's only comment, "We were terrible," summed up a 4-1 reverseal at Hounslow Borough. Trailing by three goals at half-time a goal from Omar Bakali was little more than a consolation, especially when Hounslow scored again near the end.

Posted at 14:00

Saturday 13 August - Pre-season ends win a win

The first team pre-season build up finished today with a 3-0 victory at Chertsey Town. All the goals came in the second half, the first in the 65th minute when John Frendo fired home a fine cross from Danny Murphy. Four minutes later trialist Belal Aiteouakrim doubled the lead with a calm finish before Frendo scored his second in the 78th minute with a volley after good work from Youness Nabil and Kieran Gallagher.

Posted at 18:30

Thursday 11 August - Reserves lose at Harefield

The reserves lost 3-2 at Harefield United last night. The first half was very poor and the Greens were deservedly 2-0 down at half time. However, things were much improved in the second half and goals from Ronald Mpangwie and Tiago Cortez brought the Greens on level terms. The winning goal came in the last minute when a Harefield player fired home something of a wonder goal.

Posted at 14:00

Wednesday 10 August - Reserve fixtures released

The reserve fixtures have been released and they will start in the Capital League Cup with a trip to Thurrock in a Preliminary Round tie. The game will take place on Wednesday 31st August. Two weeks later they will open their league campaign with a trip to Chesham United, with the return fixture taking place a fortnight later at Claremont Road. Fixtures up to Christmas can be found by going to their fixtures and results page.

Posted at 14:00

Wednesday 10 August - Under 18 fixtures released

The under 18s have had their first two league fixtures announced. They will be competing in the Middlesex Senior League Senior Reserve Division this season, and for the purposes of that competition will be known as Hendon 'A'. They will also be competing in the FA Youth Cup, in which they entertain Kingsbury Town in the First Qualifying Round and the Middlesex FA County Youth Cup, the draw for which has yet to be made. In the league they will open on Saturday 10th September with a trip to Spelthorne Sports Reserves, followed by a home game against North Greenford United Social Reserves a week later. Unless otherwise announced all under 18 home games in the Middlesex County League will take place at Copthall Playing Fields. Home games in the FA Youth Cup and Middlesex Youth Cup will take place at Claremont Road.

Posted at 13:45

Tuesday 09 August - Greens slip up at Kingsbury

Hendon fielded a weakened line up against Kingsbury this evening in their penultimate friendly and slipped to a 1-0 defeat. With half a dozen first teamers missing, the Greens took time to settle down and didn't come particularly close to scoring in the first half. Shortly before the break, Kingsbury scored their goal with a fine finish from a tight angle. The Greens made changes at half time and looked sharper, the best scoring chances falling to Mark Burgess, Kevin Chakaodza and Eugene Ofori although none of the chances found the back of the net.

Posted at 22:30

Tuesday 09 August - Middlesex Senior Cup draw

The draw for this seasons Middlesex Senior Cup has been made, and the Greens have been given a bye into the second round where they will play at home to either Wealdstone or current holders Yeading. The game is likely to take place on Tuesday 13th December 2005. The winners of our tie will travel to either Enfield, Ashford Town (Middx), Northwood or Ruislip Manor in the quarter finals.

Posted at 22:25

Sunday 07 August - Westview Rail sponsor league cup

The Ryman Football League have announced that Westview Rail Ltd. is to sponsor the League Cup and the League's Youth Cup competitions for the next three seasons starting with the 2005/06 campaign. The competitions will be known as "The Westview Cup" and "The Westview Youth Cup". League Chairman Alan Turvey said, "The Directors are delighted to have secured a three year sponsorship for both the League Cup and the reintroduced Youth Cup competitions for the next three seasons and look forward to working with Westview Rail."

Mick Woodward, Managing Director of Westview Rail, said, "Our Company are pleased to be associated with the prestigious Ryman Football League which has great traditions and is closely associated with local communities. Support of their two cup competitions helps bring soccer to the community, and we are particularly pleased to have an involvement in young players through the Youth Cup."

61 clubs will participate in the Westview Cup this season, with Hendon joining in the Third Round in November, while the Youth Cup, last won by Lewes in 1992, will have 32 participating this season, one of which will be the Greens.

Posted at 10:00

Saturday 06 August - John Frendo to stay

The club are pleased to confirm that following a meeting with the first team management this evening, John Frendo has agreed to stay with the club and is looking forward to being a part of the squad for the forthcoming season.

Posted at 18:30

Saturday 06 August - First team in goalless draw

The first team were in friendly action again this afternoon and came away from Chesham with a 0-0 draw. The first half was uneventful and evenly balanced with neither keeper really called into meaningful action as players found the going a bit tough on a pitch which was badly in need of being cut. However in the second half Hendon had the better of the game and were a little unfortunate not to get a goal. The best chances fell to Kevin Chakaodza who when clear on goal shot just wide of the post, and to James Parker who saw his header crash off the corner of the post and bar.

Posted at 18:00

Saturday 06 August - Reserves lose at Wimbledon

The reserves made the trip to play AFC Wimbledon this morning and went down to a 2-1 defeat, although the performance was much more promising than in previous games. The Wombles, who included former Greens Jon-Barrie Bates and Micky Woolner in their line up, took the lead in the 12th minute through Sonny Farr, but the Greens came back into the game during the first half. Their efforts were rewarded in the 65th minute when Daniel Duku fired the ball home for an equaliser, but within ten minutes the home side were back in front thanks to Mark King. Manager Mark Crawford was much happier with the performance, although there is still quite a bit of work to do as he prepares the squad for the new season.

Posted at 13:15

Saturday 06 August - 150 club update

The draws for May, June and July were made on Tuesday evening. The winner of the £150 prize for May is number 105. The winner of the £50 prize for June is number 104, and the £25 prize was won by number 12. For July the £50 prize went to number 91, while number 55 won the £25 prize. Supporters are reminded that it is time to renew your 150 club membership. The cost is just £2 per month and payments can be made by standing order or by cheque. Full details of the competition can be found by clicking this link or please see any member of the supporters committee on a matchday.

Posted at 13:00

Thursday 04 August - Dons beat Enfield Town

The first team returned to winning ways with a 2-1 win at Enfield Town. Following a goalless first half in which Hendon fielded a number of trialists, a stronger side took the field for the second period. However it was the home side that took the lead in the 52nd minute when Richard Howard headed the ball home with a deft flick but within three minutes the Greens had equalised courtesy of a free kick from Kieran Gallagher. Enfield Town were reduced to ten men during the second half when Bradley Brotherton was dismissed for spitting before Eugene Ofori scored the winning goal came five minutes of time when he took advantage of an error by the home keeper.

Posted at 22:45

Thursday 04 August - Reserve team update

The reserves were in action again last night as they beat Ealing 1-0 with Apacha Ayala scoring the goal. They travel to AFC Wimbledon on Saturday morning for an 11am kick off at Kingston University.

Posted at 14:00

Wednesday 03 August - No under 16's this season

It is with much regret that the club announce that there will not be an under 16 side playing at the club this season. This is due to the fact that the club were unable to find a manager to take the team over on a permanent basis before the deadline for confirming teams with the Harrow Youth League despite numerous adverts and requests for interested parties to apply. This means that there will just be two Sunday youth teams in action this season at under 13 and under 15 level.

Posted at 14:00

Tuesday 02 August - Yeading outclass Greens

Hendon were outclassed by Ryman League champions Yeading this evening as they went down to a 3-0 defeat. Yeading took full control of the first half and at times ran the Greens ragged. They took the lead in the 10th minute through Marvin Morgan, doubled the lead three minutes later with a counter attack finished by Charlie Mapes before Morgan scored the third shortly before half time. Hendon's best first half chance fell to Kieran Gallagher who fired a long free kick on target with Delroy Preddie at full strength to tip it over the bar. The Greens came back into the game in the second half despite making a number of changes. The best chances in the second half fell to Danny Julienne and Billy Matthews who saw their attempts well saved by the substitute keeper.

Posted at 22:30

Tuesday 02 August - Hendon mentioned on FA website

Our recent anniversary game against Bishop Auckland has received a mention on the FA website by their resident groundhopper David Barber who is fast approaching having watched 5000 games. The article can be found by going to the FA site.

Posted at 14:00