News - March 2003

Monday 31 March - Hook's hundred

Goalkeeper David Hook celebrated his 100th appearance for the club when he played against Canvey Island in the second leg of the Bryco Cup semi-final last week. The former Hampton and Harrow custodian has made the No.1 shirt his own since joining the club in August 2001 missing only 6 matches in that time.

Posted at 13:00

Monday 31 March - Gallagher shock

Supporters will be shocked to learn on Saturday morning that midfielder Kieran Gallagher had been rushed to hospital with viral meningitis. He had pulled out of Thursday night's game with what he thought was a migraine, but it turned out to be much more serious. We wish Kieran a speedy recovery, and look forward to seeing him again as soon as he has recovered.

Posted at 12:45

Monday 31 March - Youth team round up

It was a good day on the whole for the youth teams yesterday with just one team losing. The Under 17's kept their championship hopes very much alive with a 5-2 win, with Ben Bouchnak hitting a hat-trick. The Under 16's moved into the semi finals of the league cup with a 5-1 win over South Ruislip Rangers, Tariq Azwoi and Josh Myers both scoring twice. Stephen Chambers scored the only goal in the Under 15's 1-0 win over Parkfield in a result that also keeps their title hopes alive. The Under 13's drew 4-4 with league leaders Greenford Celtic, Srdhan Jovanovic scoring a last gasp equaliser, and the only team defeated were the Under 14's who lost 3-1 at the hands of St Andrews B, Anthony Wright scoring the only goal.

Posted at 12:30

Monday 31 March - Reserves relegated

The reserves season-long fight against relegation from the Suburban League Premier Division was finally lost on Saturday, when Marlow won 3-2 at Claremont Road on Saturday afternoon.

Posted at 12:15

Saturday 29 March - Dons draw at Boreham Wood

Hendon drew at Boreham Wood's Meadow Park this afternoon, gaining another valuable away point to help the Greens to what they hope will be their best league position for some time. The Dons took the lead in the 19th minute with Ricardo Alves' first senior goal for the club. Martin Randall crossed from right hand byline and the ball eluded the defence and found Alves unmarked. who had a relatively simple job to score. However, the Wood equalised in the 44th minute through Gary Dixon, who took advantage when David Hook failed to deal with what appeared to be a fairly routine ball. Although Jude Stirling was sent off for the home side in the 82nd minute for his second yellow card (the first coming just a minute beforehand!), the scores remained level for the rest of the game.

Posted at 18:00

Friday 28 March - Boreham Wood up next

Hendon travel the short distance up the A1 to Boreham Wood tomorrow afternoon as they look to build on last night's victory at Grays. Boreham Wood have only picked up two points in their last six games, and are currently in 18th place just 4 points clear of the relegation zone. Hendon will be looking for revenge after losing 2-0 to Boreham Wood back in November at Claremont Road. Last season the Greens completed the double over their local rivals, winning the home game 2-1 courtesey of an own goal and a strike from Dale Binns, while Martin Randall and Eugene Ofori scored in the 2-0 win at Meadow Park. Kick off tomorrow afternoon is 3.00pm, and as usual it would be great to see as many supporters as possible getting behind the team.

Posted at 10:00

Thursday 27 March - Greens beat Grays

Hendon continued their excellent away form this season with a 2-0 win at Grays Athletic, courtesy of two goals in four minutes. After a goalless first half in which there were no clear cut attempts on goal at either end, Hendon took the lead against the run of play in the 58th minute when Jack Midson crossed the ball low to Steve Forbes who slotted the ball into the net. Just a few minutes later Midson challenged the Grays keeper for the ball just outside the area which resulted in the keeper losing possession to Iain Duncan, who fired the ball into the penalty area and Eugene Ofori was on hand to head the ball home for his first goal since his return from Ghana. The evening was soured in the 75th minute when Duncan was sent off for a late challenge from behind but the Greens held on for a deserved win

Posted at 23:00

Thursday 27 March - Last trip to Essex tonight

Hendon make their last trip into Essex tonight as they travel to Grays Athletic in the first of five league games in ten days. Grays were one of the preseason favourites for the title, but they made a terrible start and have never really recovered. Their 1-0 defeat over Chesham at the weekend lifted Grays 6 points above the relegation zone. A Martin Randall goal was enough to give Hendon a 1-0 home win in September while, last season, Hendon won 1-0 at home (Ricci Crace scoring), but lost 2-0 away. Kick off this evening is at 7.45pm and as usual it would be a big boost for the players to see as many supporters there as possible.

Posted at 10:00

Tuesday 25 March - Improved Greens not quite enough

Hendon produced a far improved performance this evening, but it wasn't enough to overcome the first leg deficit that Canvey Island held - the Gulls going through to the Bryco Cup final. The second leg produced plenty of entertainment for the sparce crowd, if not as many goals as previous games between the two clubs this season. The Greens came out with the required attitude to pull back the two goal deficit, and went 1-0 up in the fifth minute. Lee Endersby, with his back to goal, flicked the ball over the Canvey defence and saw Ricci Crace latch onto it and slot home. However, Lee Boylan had other ideas, and netted a brace, heading home a corner in the 13th minute and in the 25th slamming home a long throw-in which the Dons' defence failed to clear.

While the tie was essentially wrapped up at 6-3 on aggregate, Hendon still pushed to try and get back in the tie and were rewarded after Martin Randall converted a penalty which had been given for a push. However, despite the home side's possession and effort in the second half, Canvey did enough to avoid conceeding any further goals, and ensured their passage through to the final at the end of the season.

Posted at 23:00

Monday 24 March - Your support is needed tomorrow

Your support is needed by the first team tomorrow night as they attempt to turn around a two goal deficit against Canvey Island in the second leg of the Bryco Cup Semi Final. The game looks set to be a cracker with us having to score a couple of goals and Canvey, who are never a side to rely on defensive football, looking to either increase their lead or hold on to what they've got. Many supporters have asked whether away goals count, and unfortunately they don't count. If scores are level on aggregate after 90 minutes tomorrow, the game will go to extra time and then if necessary to penalties. The players are keen that their extra man - the supporters - turn up tomorrow in good numbers and get behind them from the kick off and hopefully cheer them on to victory.

Posted at 10:00

Monday 24 March - Good day for the youth teams

It was a good day all round for the four youth teams that were in action yesterday. The Under 17's returned to winning ways with a 3-0 league win over St Andrews. The Under 16's progressed to the quarter finals of the league cup, beating Brunswick 5-3 in a penalty shoot out after a 3-3 draw. The Under 14's beat Pinnstars 3-1, while the Under 13's picked up a confidence boosting 4-3 win over Bessingby Park Rangers

Posted at 09:45

Monday 24 March - Reserves lose in semi final

The reserves hopes of reaching the Suburban League Final were ended by Bracknell Town on Saturday afternoon, with the Berkshire side winning 2-1 after extra time. With the handicap of Gary McCann picking up a back injury early on and therefore not being fully mobile, Bracknell took the lead just after half time, but were hauled back by under 17 Patou Wemoloua who equalised 10 minutes later. The winning goal game in the 115th minute when McCann was beaten by a strike that flew into the roof of the net.

Posted at 09:30

Monday 24 March - Shirt Sale

The Supporters Association are now selling this years green shirts at a discounted price of £25.00. Last season's green shirts are on sale for just £15.00. Call into the club shop to buy your shirts and wear your colours for the County Cup Final. Also on sale in the shop are green & white rosettes at the price of £2.50 each.

Posted at 09:15

Monday 24 March - Lotto Syndicate news

Supporters are reminded that the deadline for joing the syndicate for period 2 is fast approaching. Application forms and money should be handed in by Saturday, 19th April to any member of the Supporters Association committee. Anyone who is not part of the syndicate, but would like to join should also call into the shop for more information.

Posted at 09:00

Monday 24 March - Cup final kick off

The Middlesex FA have confirmed that our Senior Cup Final against Enfield Town on Easter Monday will kick off at 7.30pm at Northwood FC. Should we win the final, then we will play the winners of the Charity Cup in the George Ruffell Memorial Trophy on Monday 5th May at Uxbridge FC. Supporters will remember our winning the same trophy at the beginning of the season against Enfield Town, Martin Randall scoring in the 1-0 victory. The county have decided that the trophy should be completed for at the end of the season and at a neutral ground.

Posted at 08:45

Saturday 22 March - Stortford trash Dons

Hendon slumped to a disappointing 3-0 defeat at home to Bishops Stortford today at the LOOT stadium. Even more galling for the Greens was that the defeat was inflicted in front of Sky TV cameras, filming the game for part of a feature on international Christopher Wreh. However, in all honesty, Hendon only had themselves to blame and despite the score being 0-0 until just before half time, the Dons never really played to their potential. The first goal came in the 45th minute, Victor Renner scoring from close range after something of a scramble in the area. Rob French then doubled the lead in the 56th minute, heading home a cross from the right hand side. Christopher Wreh then scored the third within just a couple of minutes of leaving the bench, benefiting from the Greens' defence going AWOL.

Posted at 18:30

Saturday 22 March - FA announce restructuring plans

The FA announced the latest proposals for restructuring the pyramid yesteray in a press release. Most importantly, however, the new stucture has the agreement of all four major Leagues affect - the Conference, Southern, Northern and the Isthmian. The result of the recent talks is that Conference's proposal of a North and a South division will go ahead subject to FA agreement. Entry criteria is to be agreed before the beginning of next season, with the new divisions starting in 2004/5. Meanwhile, the Conference are also looking to push through a late change which would see next season's competition expanded to 24 clubs - having a knock on effect on the feeder leagues due to only one being relegated from the Conference.

Posted at 10:00

Wednesday 19 March - Relegation looms for reserves

The spectre of relegation is looming large for the reserves who slipped to another defeat last night, this time at the hands of Carshalton Athletic, a single goal being enough for the Robins to leave with all three points. The result leaves the reserves 10 points from safety with just 6 games left to play.

Posted at 10:00

Tuesday 18 March - Greens down, but not out

Hendon lost 4-2 at Canvey Island this evening in the first leg of their Bryco Cup semi final, but will go into the second leg with reasonable hope thanks to the two away goals. The Gulls struck first, Lee Protheroe firing home a free-kick from the right in the 36th minute. It took seven minutes for the Greens to reply with a good move. Iain Duncan recieved the ball from David Hook and played it on to Lee Endersby. The former international in turn knocked the ball onto Ricci Crace who found himself in space around 25 yards out, and spotting Harrison off his line, the youngster lobbed the 'keeper. Canvey, however, remained in pole position, as Neil Gregory volleyed home in the 58th minute to put the Islanders back in front. Binns almost equalised for the Greens again, although his goal was contraversially disallowed for offside.

Canvey then went further in front in the 67th minute through Bertie Brayle, who headed home a corner kick. The Dons refused to accept defeat, and Martin Randall struck deep into stoppage time to peg Canvey's lead back. However, the good work was soon undone when Hollingdale conceeded a free kick on the left from the kick off, Micky Bennett heading home the ball into the box. The Greens go into the second leg of the tie two goals down, but still with a decent chance of progressing to the final. The second leg will be played at Claremont Road next Tuesday, kicking off at 7.45.

Posted at 23:00

Monday 17 March - The Canvey trilogy begins

Tomorrow night the first team begin a run of three consecutive Tuesday night games when they travel to Canvey Island in the first leg of the Bryco Cup semi final. Canvey are very much the form team at the moment, having lost just 3 of their last 26 games, one of which was at Northwich Victoria in the FA Trophy. They are unbeaten in the league since mid-November, a run of 16 games and will be a very tough prospect for the injury hit Hendon side. Canvey lost touch with the league leaders Aldershot Town on Saturday as they dropped two points at Maidenhead, and now lie 7 points behind the Shots, having played the same number of games. It is hoped that as many supporters as possible will travel down to Essex to support the team in their bid to reach their second final of the season.

Posted at 11:00

Monday 17 March - Reserve and youth update

It was mixed news for the reserve and youth teams this weekend. The reserves slipped deeper into relegation trouble after losing 1-0 at home to Crawley Town, while the under 17s and under 16s both lost in semi finals. The under 17s lost 4-3 in a controversial game at home against Technicolor in the league cup, while the under 16s lost 3-2 to Hayes in the county cup. It was better news for the under 15s who won 7-0 at Wembley and the under 14s who beat Headstone Manor 6-2. However the under 13s lost their double header against Wealdstone, going down 6-1 and 7-2 in their two games.

Posted at 10:00

Saturday 15 March - Dons beat the Iron

Two early goals for Hendon were enough to secure victory for the Dons at Braintree's Cressing Road ground this afternoon. In just the 4th minute, Ricci Crace received the ball just inside the box, turned and shot across the keeper to send the Greens 1-0 up. Things were to get better still for the away side, as just a minute later Hendon were awared a free kick on the left from around 20 yards. Kieran Gallagher stepped up and put the ball inside the near post, stranding the 'keeper. However, two injuries later in the first half did cause problems. Binns hobbled off which what appeared to be an ankle injury after around a quarter of an hour, while Rob Haworth was carried off with a serious problem with his ankle just before half time. The striker has since been taken to hospital to have it looked at. Braintree did get a goal back in the 50th minute after a scramble through an as yet Paul Cobb. Hendon were left to soak up pressure for much of the remaining 40 minutes but succesfully did so for a deserved three points.

Posted at 18:30

Thursday 13 March - Greyhound night in July

The Supporters Association have announced that the proposed trip to the Greyhounds will be on Saturday 12th July to Walthamstow Stadium. Cost is £25-00 per head, and this will include a three-course dinner, entrance to the meeting, and a coach to and from Claremont Road if required. Dave Garner is collecting names, and will require a £5-00 deposit per person by Thurday 1st May for those interested in coming. Places are strictly limited to 25, so please get in early if you are interested.

Posted at 10:00

Thursday 13 March - Arsenal football auction

The current highest bid for the football signed by the 2000-01 Arsenal squad is £30.00. Bids for this item can be made until midday on 26th March by sending an e-mail to, by leaving a message on the messageboard, or by seeing Paul Hutton in person on matchdays. News of any higher bids will be posted by Paul onto the messageboard.

Posted at 09:45

Thursday 13 March - Reserves crash to defeat

The reserves crashed to a 5-1 defeat at Berkhamsted Town last night, the goal coming from Leon Maloney in the 85th minute. The result leaves the reserves with a very tough job to avoid relegation this season.

Posted at 09:30

Wednesday 12 March - More fixture news

The final league game has now been rearranged and we will travel to Grays Athletic on Thursday, 27th March kicking off at 7.45pm. It has also been confirmed today that the game at St Albans City on 23rd April will kick off at 7.45pm, not 7.30pm as mentioned last night.

Posted at 18:00

Wednesday 12 March - Reserve in action tonight

The reserves are in action tonight as they travel to Berkhamsted Town in a league fixture. A win is crucial for the reserves, who are currently bottom of the table, as they look to fight against the threat of relegation. It is hoped that Martin Randall will play as he continues his rehabilitation from injury.

Posted at 17:45

Tuesday 11 March - Fixture news

Following tonights win, we will now play Enfield Town on Easter Monday, 21st April at Northwood in the Middlesex Senior Cup Final. Kick off is believed to be 7.30pm, but will be confirmed in due course. As a result of this we will now travel to St Albans City on Wednesday, 23rd April for a 7.30pm kick off, and Aldershot Town will visit Claremont Road on Thursday, 1st May in a 7.45pm kick off. One other game that has been arranged is the visit of Billericay Town which will now take place on Thursday, 3rd April, kicking off at 7.45pm. The full fixture list can be found on the fixtures & results page.

Posted at 23:30

Tuesday 11 March - Greens earn cup final

The Greens are through to their second consecutive Middlesex Senior Cup Final following a comfortable 2-0 win this evening over Hampton & Richmond Borough. In a game where the Hampton attack failed to test David Hook, the Greens took the lead in the 19th minute when a long throw from Lee Harvey eluded everyone except Dale Binns, who expertly brought the ball down and fired it home. The second goal came just before half time as an excellent spell of passing ended with Ricci Crace laying the ball back for Jon-Barrie Bates to slam it home. Hendon were comfortable in the second half, and created a number of half chances, and moved comfortably through to the final, where they will meet Enfield Town.

Posted at 23:00

Tuesday 11 March - County Cup semi final tonight

This evening the first team play the first of their semi-final games coming up over the next three Tuesday's. The visitors to Claremont Road are bottom of the table Hampton & Richmond Borough in the semi-finals of the Middlesex Senior Cup, which the first team will be looking to retain after winning the final last season. Hampton have reached this stage by seeing off Uxbridge 3-1 and beating Hayes in a penalty shoot out after a 2-2 draw. Meanwhile Hendon beat Hillingdon Borough 5-1, and Wealdstone 3-2 to reach this stage. Enfield Town await the winners in the final to be played at Northwood on Easter Monday. Both teams suffered defeats on Saturday. While Hendon were going down 2-0 to Sutton United, Hampton & Richmond Borough lost 4-0 at Aldershot Town, all the goals coming in the last 25 minutes. Kick off this evening is at 7.45pm, and it is hoped to see as many supporters as possible to hopefully cheer the team into the final.

Posted at 10:00

Tuesday 11 March - Signed Arsenal football now available

A new auction item now available is a football signed by the 2000-01 Arsenal squad. The current highest bid is £20.00 and bidding for this item will close at midday on Wednesday 26th March. If you are interested in bidding for this item please e-mail your bid to or call into the club shop this evening. Other items currently available are 2 autographed Derby County programmes, a signed photo of Phil Neville and the 1972 Chelsea v Arsenal programme. The bidding for the signed Watford football closes tomorrow at midday, and the current highest bid is also £20.00.

Posted at 09:45

Monday 10 March - Youth team round up

The Under 15's continued their good run of results as they beat South Ruislip Rangers 3-0, which keeps up the pressure on leaders Hampstead, who they play next week. The Under 14's slipped to a disappointing 5-4 defeat at the hands of league leaders Spur Road, while in a double header, the Under 13's lost 5-2 and 9-1 to Ruislip Rangers. The Under 16's, Under 17's and the reserves were not in action this weekend.

Posted at 10:00

Saturday 08 March - Greens lose to Sutton

Hendon's lack of creativity cost them this afternoon, as the Dons went down 2-0 at home to Sutton United. While the Greens dominated the first half in terms of possession, chances in front of goal were at a premium. Sutton took advantage just after half-time through Matt Fowler, while Danny Bolt struck from around 25-30 yards in the 69th minute to put the U's 2-0 up. The one bright point for the Greens was the debut of recent signing Ricardo Alvez who has recently been playing for the reserves.

Posted at 18:00

Friday 07 March - Further fixture update

There have been some more updates to our fixtures. On Tuesday 1st April we will now entertain Canvey Island at Claremont Road in our outstanding league fixture against them. This game will kick off at 7.45pm and will replace the Billericay Town game. This date was decided by the Ryman League as the two clubs were unable to come to an agreement. The Aldershot Town home game will be played on one of two dates, depending on whether we beat Hampton & Richmond Borough on Tuesday night in the County Cup. If we lose on Tuesday night, we will play Aldershot Town at home on Wednesday, 23rd April. However, if we win on Tuesday night, we would then be playing Enfield Town on Easter Monday, which would then move our game at St Albans City to Wednesday, 23rd April at Clarence Park. The Aldershot Town home game would then be played on Thursday, 1st May at Claremont Road. This has been agreed between the two clubs without the league needing to get involved. This leaves the game at home against Billericay Town and the game at Grays Athletic to be arranged.

Posted at 15:00

Friday 07 March - Sutton coming tomorrow

Tomorrow afternoon sees the visit of Sutton United to Claremont Road. Sutton suffered a 1-0 defeat against Bishop's Stortford last weekend to slip to 7th in the table, 3 places and 3 points behind Hendon. When the teams met at Gander Green Lane in October, Hendon produced a magnificent performance to win 3-2, after going behind twice. Steve Forbes and Paul Towler equalised before half-time and Eugene Ofori snatched a late winner. Last season, Hendon enjoyed two home victories, 4-3 in the League (Davis Haule, Dale Binns, 2, and Jon-Barrie Bates on target) and 2-1 in the FA Trophy (Haule and Ross Pickett the marksmen. The League return at Sutton resulted in a 2-1 home win, Steve Butler getting Hendon's goal. Kick off tomorrow afternoon at Claremont Road is 3.00pm.

Posted at 10:00

Thursday 06 March - Auction update (2)

The signed Watford FC football is currently carrying a bid of £15.00 and the bidding will close on Wednesday 12th March. If you are interested in bidding for this item please e-mail your bid to or call into the club shop on Saturday afternoon. Other items currently available are 2 autographed Derby County programmes, a signed photo of Phil Neville and the 1972 Chelsea v Arsenal programme. One item that will be available soon is a signed football from Arsenal. Details of this will follow shortly.

Posted at 10:00

Wednesday 05 March - Fixture update

It has been confirmed that we will travel to Canvey Island on Tuesday, 18th March in the first leg of the Bryco Cup semi final. Kick off at Park Lane is at 7.30pm. The second leg will take place the following week at Claremont Road, kicking off at 7.45pm. The league game at Kingstonian has now been arranged for Tuesday, 29th April, kick off at Kingsmeadow will be at 7.45pm. The club has offered new dates to Aldershot Town, Canvey Island and Grays Athletic for the outstanding league games this morning and are currently waiting for the three clubs to respond

Posted at 18:00

Wednesday 05 March - Enfield Town await in county cup

Should we beat Hampton & Richmond Borough next Tuesday, we will be up against Enfield Town in the final of the Middlesex Senior Cup on Easter Monday. Enfield Town won 2-1 at Harrow Borough courtesy of goals from Danny Clarke and Danny Alleyne, with Clemente Lopez replying for Harrow. All three goals came within the first 20 minutes.

Posted at 17:30

Tuesday 04 March - Greens through to semi-finals

Hendon reached the semi-finals of the Bryco Cup thanks to a 1-0 win over Kingstonian at Claremont Road this evening. A dour 90 minutes saw the game goalless at full time, with few chances at either end, Hendon's best two being a clearance from a K's defender which hit the post and a Ricci Crace cross which no-one could get on the end of. However, eight minutes into extra time, Hendon pulled ahead. Crace laid the ball onto Lee Endersby, who in turn played in Rob Haworth near the penalty spot. Haworth, with his back to goal, turned and despite going to ground in doing so managed to hook the ball into the net.

The victory sets up a two-legged semi-final with Canvey Island, the first leg to be at Park Lane on Tuesday 18th March.

Posted at 23:00

Tuesday 04 March - Return to cup action tonight

The first team return to cup action this evening looking to reach their second semi final of the season. Travelling to Claremont Road tonight will be Kingstonian in the Bryco Cup Quarter Final. A two legged semi final against Canvey Island awaits later this month. Kingstonian had a day off on Saturday after their league game against Braintree Town was postponed shortly before kick off after torrential rain in the run up to the game. Last Tuesday they beat Ash United 4-1 in the Surrey Senior Cup. In the previous round of the Bryco Cup they ran out 3-1 winners at home to Aveley courtesy of goals from Phil Wingfield, Ronnie Green and Tim Sills, having beaten Slough Town and Worthing in the previous rounds. Kick off this evening at Claremont Road is at 7.45pm, and the game will go to extra time should the scores be level after 90 minutes. If it is still level after extra time, then there will be a replay on a date to be agreed.

Posted at 10:00

Tuesday 04 March - Auction update

A number of items mentioned last week that are up for auction have already been sold. The only items remaining are the signed Watford FC football, the tickets for a future Luton Town home game, and the signed photo of Phil Neville. One additional item is the Chelsea v Manchester United programme from the 1972-73 season which was Bobby Charlton's last ever game. If you are interested in any of these items please e-mail your bid to or call into the club shop this evening or at the weekend.

Posted at 09:45

Tuesday 04 March - Trip to the greyhounds

The Supporters Association are looking to arrange a summer trip to Walthamstow Greyhound Races early in July on a Saturday evening. The cost of the evening would be around £25 and would include return coach fare from Claremont Road, entrance, racecard and a 3 course meal. If you are interested please let any committee member know as soon as possible.

Posted at 09:30

Monday 03 March - Under 16's also reach semis

The Under 16's made it to the semi finals of the County Cup by beating Norsemen 2-0 yesterday afternoon. The goals both came from Junior Jimbah, although the man of the match was Daniel Llewellyn who virtually ran the list single-handedly. In league action, the Under 17's won 4-2 against Omonia A, scoring 3 times in the last 5 minutes to win the game, Ade Oreniake scoring a brace. In double headers the Under 15's lost 1-0 to Ruislip Town in their first game, but won the second game 4-1, the Under 14's lost their first game against Harrow St Mary's 2-0, but won the second convincingly 7-0, while the Under 13's lost both their games against leaders Greenford Celtic.

Posted at 10:00

Saturday 01 March - Reserves reach semi finals

The reserve team reached the semi finals of the Suburban League Cup this afternoon with a 2-1 win over Wealdstone. Goals from Ricardo Alvez and Leon Maloney gave Hendon a two goal lead inside the first 15 minutes. Wealdstone replied through Simon Conway midway through the second half, before Maloney was sent off two minutes later. However, the ten men were able to hold on to earn the right to travel to Bracknell Town in the semi final.

Posted at 19:00

Saturday 01 March - Ducks sunk by late winner

Hendon kept their faint hopes of challenging Canvey and Aldershot at the top of the league alive with a late winner at Aylesbury United's Buckingham Road ground this afternoon. Neither side was particularly creative, although Hendon took control of the second half and ended up having had the better of the game. However, it wasn't until the third minute of stoppage time that the Dons scored, and even then the goal had a touch of fortune about it. A shot from Crace deflected off Rob Haworth and then fell to teammate Paul Towler. Towler's shot was then saved but not held, falling to an Aylesbury defender who could only clear the ball into his teammate Greg Williams, who could do no more than backheel the ball into the net.

Posted at 18:00