News - January 2018

Wednesday 31 January - Joe White recalled to sign for Stevenage

Joe White was recalled from his loan spell with us by Dagenham & Redbridge as they had received a deadline day offer to sign him permanently by Stevenage. The deal was completed as the transfer deadline passed at 11pm this evening.

We are very pleased that Joe has been able to take up the chance to play in the Football League. He leaves us jointly holding the club record for the most goals scored in a game - and with an overall record of 6 goals in 6 apperances. We wish him every success for the future.

Speaking to Greensnet earlier this evening Gary McCann said: "Joe is a very likeable young man with a very professional demeanour and a great attitude. I was aware of the interest from another club, and I'm sure he will have a really positive career if the continues to progress like he is. We thank him for his efforts over the past 3 weeks."

Posted at 23:15

Wednesday 31 January - Gattas Denfield Solicitors Player of the Month voting now open

The voting for the January 2018 Gattas Denfield Player of the Month is now open, and will close on Sunday evening at 9pm.

To place your vote please go to this link and place your vote.

Posted at 06:58

Tuesday 30 January - Greens comfortably beaten by Leatherhead

The first team put in probably their most disappointing performance of the season as they were comfortably beaten 4-1 by Leatherhead at SJP this evening.

The visitors opened the scoring in the 2nd minute when debutant Ruel Sotiriou capitalised on the defence's inability to clear a corner to slam the ball into the net. Whilst the Greens had plenty of possession, the end product was sadly lacking, and the Tanners took advantage shortly before half time when Daniel Gallagher lobbed Corey Addai from distance.

Two individual errors in the first seven minutes of the second half took the game out of reach, with Tom Derry and Jack Midson taking full advantage - the goals coming within a minute of each other. The Greens did show flashes of their attacking prowess, and Ashley Nathaniel-George did score an outstanding individual goal in the 66th minute. However, another recovery like Saturday didn't come, and Leatherhead returned to Surrey, thoroughly deserving all three points.

Posted at 23:03

Tuesday 30 January - Folkestone highlights now online

The highlights from Saturday's draw against Folkestone Invicta are now available through HFCTV. You can access the highlights by going to HFCTV in the "other" section of the website menu, or by clicking here

Posted at 22:58

Sunday 28 January - Folkestone report and photos online

The match report and photos from yesterday's game against Folkestone Invicta are now online.

The report from David Ballheimer can be foundhere and Derek Beech's photos can be found on Facebook and Flickr.

Posted at 17:43

Saturday 27 January - Greens show character to stage comeback

The first team showed great character this afternoon to draw 3-3 against Folkestone Invicta, having been 3-0 down with nineteen minutes left to go.

One of the many positives about our young squad this season is that they refuse to give up, and they did exactly that today.

Having been unable to convert some half chances in the opening twenty minutes, the Greens were given a lifeline when Ade Yusuff missed a penalty for the visitors, but minutes later Folkestone had taken the lead through Ian Draycott following a misplaced pass in defence.

Folkestone then took control of the game, and doubled their lead in the 65th minute through Callum Davies, and six minutes later Davies headed home his second and the visitors third.

However, rather than letting their heads drop, the Greens looked to fight back and scored their first in the 73rd minute through Joe White, and three minutes later Zak Joseph scored the second, lifting the ball over the keeper.

The equaliser came deep into stoppage time when Casey Maclaren headed the ball home to spark celebrations that would have been barely expected twenty minutes earlier.

Posted at 21:17

Friday 26 January - What's in the programme tomorrow?

This is what you can expect in our match programme against Folkestone Invicta tomorrow afternoon.

- GARY McCANN: The Hendon manager talks about recent matches and an update on certain players' injuries

- GREENSVIEW: Latest news in the programme editorial by Steve Rogers

- THE GREENS IN ACTION: Pics from the Sutton United tie

- MATCH REPORT: How Hendon hammered Spelthorne Sports!

- HENDON A to Z: Tooting & Mitcham United are next up in David Ballheimer's long-running A to Z series

- WHERE ARE THEY NOW? Craig Carby is the player answering a few questions by Paul Sachdev

- FANS' FLASHBACK: Three short tales of Hendon memories by Michael Cox

- MEMORY LANE: A couple of images of Claremont Road in better times

- HALF-TIME BREAK: The footy quiz returns for half-time amusement

- HFC MASCOTS: Hendon Under 12B are featured as mascots

- OUR VISITORS: History and player profiles of Folkestone Invicta

- PLUS: Supporters Trust and Association News, Away Travel, Youth update, Sponsorship and Stats page including League table, appearances, Premier Division leading goal scorers and attendances

Programmes on sale at SJP on Saturday or by subscription for PDF versions to Eddie Edwards on

Posted at 19:11

Wednesday 24 January - Youth semi final postponed again

The U18s Middlesex Senior Cup semi final at Hampton & Richmond Borough was postponed again today for the second week in a row due to a waterlogged pitch.

A new date will be announced in due course.

Posted at 17:52

Tuesday 23 January - New date set for Lowestoft trip

Our trip to Lowestoft, postponed today due to a waterlogged pitch, will now take place on Tuesday 6th March, kick off 7:45pm.

Posted at 14:01

Tuesday 23 January - Lowestoft game postponed

The game at Lowestoft tonight has been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch. A new date for the game will be advised in due course.

Posted at 12:30

Tuesday 23 January - Midday pitch inspection at Lowestoft

Lowestoft Town will be holding a midday pitch inspection to see if tonight's game can go ahead. We will update the website as soon as we can after the result of the inspection is known.

Posted at 08:30

Monday 22 January - Date for Barnet game confirmed

We are pleased to announce that the Middlesex Senior Cup semi-final against Barnet will be played on Wednesday 21st February at SJP, kick off 7:45pm.

The reason for picking this date is to avoid a clash with Barnet's first team home game against Carlisle United the night before and that it may increase the crowd. Admission prices, as previously advised, will be £5 adults and free for U18s.

Our away game at Staines, due to be played on Tuesday 20th February will now be rearranged, both because of the Barnet game, and also as they will be playing Wealdstone in the other semi-final.

Posted at 17:24

Saturday 20 January - All square in wintry Suffolk

The first team drew 3-3 at Needham Market this afternoon in a game that saw them go behind, before going 3-1 ahead but eventually drawing.

The first half was played with snow falling steadily, although not laying on the already wet pitch. It must be said that whilst the pitch was heavy, it was entirely playable and credit must go to the groundstaff at Bloomfields for their hard work in preparing the pitch.

It was the home side that drew first blood when Jeremiah Kamanzi pounced on a loose ball outside the box to fire the ball past Corey Addai. The Greens, who had found the going tough to start with, grew into the game and equalised through Josh Walker in the 33rd minute.

The second half saw a perfect start from the Greens, as Ashley Nathaniel-George scored twice, in the 50th and 53rd minutes, the second of which was a fine curling effort that gave the home keeper no chance.

However, the Greens were unable to defend their lead like they have done so often this season, and goals from Adam Mills in the 60th and 88th minutes ensured that the spoils were shared - which in truth was a fair reflection of the game.

Posted at 21:00

Friday 19 January - Middlesex Senior Cup semi final admission prices reduced

Admission prices have been reduced for our forthcoming Middlesex Senior Cup semi-final against Barnet. Prices will be £5 for adults, and free for under 18s.

The date is scheduled to be played on Tuesday 20th February, but we are just awaiting for that to be 100% confirmed. Our trip to Staines that night has been postponed, particularly as the Swans are also involved in the semi-finals, with a trip to Wealdstone.

Posted at 14:40

Thursday 18 January - Youth County Cup semi final rearranged

The U18s Middlesex Senior Youth Cup semi final at Hampton & Richmond Borough was postponed last night due to a waterloged pitch, and will now take place this coming Wednesday, 24th January.

Posted at 21:19

Wednesday 17 January - Micky Janes funeral arrangements

The funeral arrangements for our former manager Micky Janes are now available.

The funeral is to be held at Greenacres Woodland Burial (aka Epping Forest Burial Plots), North Weald Bassett, Epping CM16 6AB, on Thursday 1st February at 1.00pm.

Following this, close family will then depart for a private service, whilst all other mourners, should they wish, will repair to the Kings Head public house (about 7 minutes walk away) on the B181 High Street, North Weald, for the reception. The family will then join the mourners later.

Unfortunately, there are no direct rail links to North Weald (North Weald Station being a heritage line, does not work on the national network)

Closest station would be Epping on the Central Line of the Underground network. It is about 10 minutes drive by taxi from there.

Posted at 23:16

Tuesday 16 January - Hendon score nine in Middlesex Senior Cup

Joe White celebrated his 19th birthday in style as he scored five goals in the first team's 9-1 victory over Spelthorne Sports in the Middlesex Senior Cup quarter final this evening. The reward is a home tie against Barnet in the semi-finals, the date of which is to be confirmed in due course.

White opened the scoring in the 9th minute, before Ashley Nathaniel-George doubled the advantage ten minutes later. The visitors, who must be credited with the way they tried to play the right way for the full 90 minutes, pulled a goal back through Jamil Saleh two minutes later, but in the 26th minute White made it 3-1, and that was the scoreline at half time.

Nathaniel-George made it 4-1 in the 49th minute, before White completed his hat-trick in the 52nd minute. The Greens were awarded a penalty in the 69th minute when Nathaniel-George was fouled just inside the box, and he stepped up to complete a hat-trick of his own by converting the spot kick. Just a minute later, Liam Gordon joined the party when he appeared in the box to score his first goal for the club.

In the 88th minute, White was on the scoresheet again, and he completed the rout in stoppage time, with the final whistle blowing immediately the ball hit the back of the net.

Posted at 23:24

Tuesday 16 January - Niko Muir trialling with QPR

The club are able to confirm that Niko Muir is currently having a week of training with QPR although no formal offer has been made.

QPR are one of a number of Championship and League One clubs who have expressed an interest in Niko following his performances so far this season.

Posted at 20:36

Tuesday 16 January - Sutton replay programme available in PDF format

The programme that was prepared for the possible FA Trophy replay against Sutton United is now available in PDF format as a special edition. We will not be issuing a paper copy for obvious cost related reasons.

If you would like a copy - there is no charge - please email and we'll send a copy to you as soon as we can. You are more than welcome to circulate the programme amongst friends and family.

Posted at 17:24

Tuesday 16 January - Sutton report and photos now online

The match report and photos from our FA Trophy defeat at Sutton United are now online. The report by David Ballheimer can be found here. Derek Beech's photos can be found on Facebook and Flickr.

Posted at 17:21

Saturday 13 January - FA Trophy run ended by Sutton

The first team's FA Trophy run was brought to an end this afternoon by National League high-flyers Sutton United, who won 3-0 at Gander Green Lane.

However, the Greens put in a performance that left Gary McCann proud at the end of the game, and they caused the home defence some problems with the pace and trickery shown throughout the season. Unfortunately the difference was in the quality of the finishing.

Sutton took the lead in the 36th minute when Kieran Cadogan took advantage of a rare defensive slip to fire the ball home. Zak Joseph had the Greens best chance of the half but his shot flew narrowly wide of the goal.

The second goal didn't come until the 74th minute when Adam Coombes scored, and the goal of the game came with four minutes to go when Tommy Wright fired home a world class strike that simply flew into the top corner of the goal, giving Corey Addai absolutely no chance.

Whilst losing is always disappointing, the Greens gave it everything and can go into Tuesday's Middlesex Senior Cup quarter final against Spelthorne Sports knowing that a similar performance will surely see them progress to the last four.

Posted at 22:46

Thursday 11 January - Snowball draw update

The final three snowball draws for 2017 were made recently, including the annual Super Snowball Prize. The winning numbers and amounts are below, and winners will be contacted shortly if they haven't been already.

October - 1st prize £291.00 - ball 53, 2nd prize £145.50 - ball 19.

November - 1st prize £292.50 - ball 174, 2nd prize £146.25 - ball 126.

December - 1st prize £291.00 - ball 38, 2nd prize £145.50 - ball 60.

Super Snowballer 2017 - Prize £1,096.50 - ball 145.

Posted at 20:57

Thursday 11 January - Greens sign keeper on loan from Coventry City

Gary McCann has signed 20 year old goalkeeper Corey Addai on a months loan from Coventry City ahead of Saturday's FA Trophy tie at Sutton United.

Corey, who is the son of former Enfield and Chesham United (amongst other clubs) keeper Kenny Addai, began his career at Arsenal.

Speaking to Greensnet this evening Gary McCann said "We brought Montel Joseph back from Cheshunt with the intention of playing him at Merstham on Saturday and then against Corinthian-Casuals on Tuesday. However, with Saturday's game being called off, and then discovering that Montel was cup-tied in the league cup, we felt it was unfair on him to put him straight into the game at Sutton.

"However, we are very pleased to have Corey at the club. He is a very talented young keeper and is now in his second pro contract at Coventry."

Posted at 18:07

Tuesday 09 January - Greens knocked out of Velocity Trophy

The first team were knocked out of the Velocity Trophy tonight at SJP as they went down 3-1 to Corinthian-Casuals.

The Greens were made to pay for individual errors that led to the goals, and it must be said the visitors thoroughly deserved to progress to the last four.

The opening goal came in the 13th minute when Max Oldham scored before Josh Uzun netted in the 35th minute. The Greens had a lifeline before half time when debutant loanee Joe White was bundled over in the box, and Niko Muir stepped up to score his 30th goal of the season.

The Gerens were in the ascendancy in the second half until an error in defence allowed Oldham to score his second of the evening to secure the win.

Whilst going out of the competition is disappointing, it is only the second cup defeat of the season, and the first team still have two quarter finals to play as well as the FA Trophy tie at Sutton United on Saturday afternoon.

Posted at 23:34

Tuesday 09 January - New date for Merstham trip

Our visit to Merstham, that was postponed on Saturday, will now take place on Tuesday 27th February, kick off 7:45pm.

Posted at 17:46

Tuesday 09 January - Two sign on loan from Dagenham

We have signed two players on loan from Dagenham & Redbridge for a month, one left back and one centre forward.

The left back is 18 year old Liam Gordon, who has spent time on loan at Whitehawk this season, playing 18 games, and the centre forward is 18 year old Joseph White, who celebrates his 19th birthday next Tuesday.

Both players are available for tonight's game against Corinthian-Casuals.

Posted at 11:15

Monday 08 January - Greens win another Performance of the Month award

The Bostik League Premier Division Performance of the Month Award has come to SJP for the third time this season. Following the August award for the 6-0 win over Harrow Borough, and the November award for Daniel Purdue's goalkeeping expolits at Slough Town in the FA Trophy, the December award goes to the club for the 2-1 win over Bath City that has given us the chance to test ourselves against the best that non-league football has to offer, the tie at Sutton United on Saturday.

This is wonderful recognition for the efforts that Gary and the squad have put in so far this season.

Posted at 18:04

Saturday 06 January - Merstham game postponed

Today's game against Merstham has been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch following the rain that's fallen since the New Year. A new date will be arranged in due course.

Our next game, therefore, is on Tuesday evening when we entertain Corinthian-Casuals in the Velocity Trophy at SJP, kick off 7:45pm

Posted at 10:56

Saturday 06 January - December Gattas Denfield Solicitors Player of the Month

The Gattas Denfield Solicitors Player of the Month for December 2017 is Niko Muir, with 47% of the vote. Dave Diedhiou came second with 16% of the vote, and Zak Joseph was third with 11%.

The vote for the January award will open after the home game against Leatherhead.

Posted at 10:09

Friday 05 January - Matt Ball goes out on loan

Matt Ball has signed for Kings Langley today on a month's loan deal and will be available to play for them tomorrow. Speaking to the website this evening, Gary McCann said "Matt has found himself short of game time and match sharpness in recent weeks. A month of regular football will put him in a better place for our run in."

Posted at 19:03

Friday 05 January - Appeal unsuccessful

The appeal regarding the red card received by Casey Maclaren at Harlow Town on Saturday was heard by the FA this afternoon, and the referee's decision was upheld by the commission. The reason for their decision is that they felt the video footage was inconclusive.

This means that Casey is suspended for three games, starting with tomorrow's fixture at Merstham.

Posted at 19:02

Wednesday 03 January - Date set for Balham London Senior Cup tie

Our quarter final tie against Balham will take place on Tuesday 6th February at SJP, kicking off at 7:45pm.

Posted at 17:20

Tuesday 02 January - New Year photos and match reports online

The match reports and photos from our New Year games against Harlow Town and Wingate & Finchley are now online.

The report from Bryan Roberts on the Harlow game can be found here and the Wingate report written by David Ballheimer can be found here.

Derek Beech's Harlow photos can be found on Facebook and Flickr.

You can also find Derek's Wingate photos on Facebook and Flickr.

Posted at 18:32

Monday 01 January - New Year Draw results

The New Year Draw was made following the end of the game today, and was made by Ann from the local Residents Association, and the results are as follows.

1st Prize - £300 - Ticket 02304

2nd Prize - £200 - Ticket 01445

3rd Prize - £100 - Ticket 01087

4th Prize - £50 each - Tickets 02183, 01687, 00991, 02789.

We are pleased to announce that the winner of the second prize donated half of his winnings back to the club.

All winners will be contacted by tomorrow evening.

Posted at 19:58

Monday 01 January - Update on Tom Lovelock

The website team received an update on Tom Lovelock from Gary McCann a few minutes ago.

As many supporters who were at the game will have heard, Tom suffered a very nasty gash to the knee when trying to prevent the only goal of the game and had to be stretchered off and replaced by Daniel Purdue.

Tom has been to hospital, and has received a total of 18 stitches, 8 on the inside of the wound and 10 on the outside.

Everyone at the club wishes Tom well for a speedy recovery.

Posted at 19:55

Monday 01 January - New Year defeat for Greens

The first team suffered New Year disappointed as they were beaten 1-0 at SJP by Wingate & Finchley. As has been the case with most defeats this season, the effort and commitment of the squad couldn't be faulted, but it wasn't to be one of the good days, with the Wingate centre-back pairing of Sean Cronin and Claudiu Vilcu in fine form.

The only goal of the game came in the 38th minute when, following a Hendon attack, Wingate broke away and scored as Quentin Monville slid the ball past the oncoming Tom Lovelock. Unfortunately the two players collided with Lovelock coming off the worst with a nasty large gash to the knee.

Lovelock was replaced by Dan Purdue, who was largely untested in the second half, tipping one effort over the bar. Whilst the Greens searched for an equaliser, they created a number of chances but were unable to find the back of the net, and ultimately all three points went to the visitors.

Posted at 19:53

Monday 01 January - Brightlingsea highlights now available

The highlights from the pre-Christmas win over Brightlingsea Regent are now available through HFCTV. You can access the highlights by going to HFCTV in the "other" section of the website menu, or by clicking here

Posted at 19:41