Under 18s News, 2018/2019

Thursday 20 September - Hendon 4-2 Chalfont St Peter

The under 18s continued their FA Youth Cup run with a 4-2 win over Chalfont St Peter in the first qualifying round. The youngsters took the lead in the 10th minute when Patrick Connolly shot across the keeper, and by all accounts should have been further ahead at half-time as they spurned a number of chances. Chalfont St Peter equalised within five minutes of the second half starting, but in the 64th minute Theo Ofori put the Greens back in front, netting from a narrow angle on the right, and Ofori scored again in the 80th minute, firing home at the near post with the keeper wrong footing. The visitors pulled a goal back with six minutes to go with a vicious hooked volley, before Victor Cadenas Soto found the top corner with a superb strike from 25 yards in the 87th minute. Team: James Reilly, Nathan Kpemou, Deon Marshall (Philip Essondoh), Victor Cadenas Soto, Taylor Rand Brade, Eisa Azab, Hadi Issa, Daniel McNair, Theo Ofori, Patrick Connolly (Hassan Al-Murtada), Shammar Swaby (Khalil Francis-Ouwaha). Unused sub: Jordan Carroll

Posted at 22:00

Wednesday 29 August - Hendon 7-0 Brimsdown Rovers

The under 18s opened their season in style this evening with a 7-0 win over Brimsdown Rovers in their first game in the Southern Counties Youth League. Theo opened the scoring in the 8th minute, before PJ scored twice in a minute to make it 3-0 after a quarter of an hour had passed. The fourth goal came in the 26th minute when skipper Eisa netted before Brimsdown had their best period of the game but found keeper Thierry in fine form. Jovann made it 5-0 on the hour mark, before Theo scored twice in the 80th and 84th minutes to complete his hat-trick and ensure all three points were firmly secured.

Posted at 22:08

null - Hanwell Town 2-3 Hendon

An under 18 side made up of players from our new academy side and our Southern Counties under 18 side progressed to the first qualifying round of the FA Cup with a 3-2 win at Hanwell Town. In what was a closely fought contest, the young Greens took the lead through Theo Ofori in the 18th minute with the only goal of the opening period. Hanwell equalised in the 48th minute, but Patrick Connolly restored the lead in the 52nd minute only to see Hanwell equalise again five minutes later. The winner came in the 72nd minute when Connolly netted his second of the night shortly after the Greens had seen a penalty saved by the home keeper. The final 20 minutes saw Hanwell pile on the pressure, but they were unable to find a way through and it was the Greens who progressed to face either Spelthorne Sports or Chalfont St Peter who are due to play their tie tomorrow evening. TEAM: James Reilly, Phillip Essandoh, Deon Marshall, Victor Cadenas-Soto, Taylor Rand-Brade, Eisa Azab, Hadi Issa, Michael Koscien, Theo Ofori, Patrick Connolly, Jovann Monroe. Used subs : Edward Adjei Obeng, Jordan Carroll, Kale Stewart. Unused sub : Mo Alamiri.

Posted at null