Covid-19: Supporters are starting to be readmitted to games where possible. However, all clubs have varying procedures to be followed. Please always check ticketing details and other requirements on our news pages and also with the host club before travelling.

For further details on some of the measures we are taking, please see our coronavirus risk assessment and accompanying notes

Under 21s News, 2009/2010

Saturday 17 October - Sandgate 1-1 Hendon (4-1 on pens)

Hendon Under-21s went out of the Division One Cup at Chase Lodge on Saturday, losing a penalty shoot-out, having seen their captain Jared EDY taken to hospital with a fracture to his lower leg. The injury happened after just ten minutes, when the game was still goalless, but it had a major effect on the Greens who were forced not only to play without their inspirational leader, but also to reshuffle their resources to cover his departure. Things went well in the first half and their reward for a dominating performance was a goal from Rory Lincoln after 22 minutes. Sandgate did some reorganising of their own after the interval and stifled Hendon during the second 45 minutes. Their equaliser came midway through the second half and it proved to be the final goal of the match. After 30 minutes of extra time, the game went to a penalty shoot-out. Although Carl Ciagoro converted his effort, it was the only success. After two misses, Sandgate's fourth successful attempt was enough for them to advance. "It was a vast improvement on recent performances," said joint manager Eamon Finn. "We really missed Jared's workrate and commitment. It is a serious injury, but we hope that he will not need surgery and be back soon. My man of the match was Rory Lincoln."

Posted at 19:00

Saturday 10 October - Hendon 2 London United Football Academy 3

Hendon Under-21s suffered a disappointing home defeat against the team they knocked out of the League Cup three weeks earlier, going down 3-2 at home to London United Football Academy at Chase Lodge on Saturday. Hendon took the lead after seven minutes through James Iyala. Hendon were pegged back just past the half hour and the Academy took the lead after 38 minutes, both goals coming from a loss of concentration in the Hendon defence. But the lead didn't last long, Luke Cooke netting an equaliser five minutes before half time. The only goal of the second half came after 58 minutes and it was the visitors who scored it. Joint manager Eamon Finn said, "I am very disappointed with the way we lost the game today. Our concentration wasn't very good and we will be working on that at training this week. My man of the match was goalkeeper Jamie Roberts, who made four outstanding saves and generally played very well."

Posted at 19:00

Saturday 03 October - St Johns Arsenal Deaf 2 Hendon 2

Hendon Under-21s produced an excellent battling display, twice coming from behind to earn a 2-2 draw at St John's Arsenal Deaf. The picturesque Southgate Cricket Club ground, the Walker Ground, hosted this contest and it was the home team who took the lead after 32 minutes. The score stayed that way until the second half and Hendon equalised after 53 minutes when Gerard Edy headed home from a corner. Nine minutes later St John's Arsenal Deaf - who had six member of various International Deaf teams - regained the lead. But Hendon again fought back and, with 18 minutes to go Carl Ciagoro made it 2-2. There was even a late chance for Hendon to win it, but they had to settle for a share of the spoils. Joint manager Eamon Finn, who also had to referee the match, said, "This shows how much we have improved because last season, this team beat us 4-1. It was a very solid performance and we played extremely well against an experienced team. My man of the match was Carl Ciagoro who not only scored our equaliser but played superbly throughout the 90 minutes."

Posted at 19:00

Saturday 26 September - Hendon 1 London United Football Academy 0

Hendon Under-21s reached the next round of the Middlesex County League Senior Cup with a narrow but deserved victory over London United Football Academy at Chase Lodge on Saturday afternoon. It was a very close match with few chances at either end. The decisive goal came after 62 minutes and it was scored by Hendon's Luke West. The win means that the Greens have a trip to Broadfields United in the next round. "We played well today," said joint-manager Graham Bourne. "We gave a few boys who haven't played much for us so far this season a chance to show what they can do and they didn't let us down. London Academy made us work very hard. The man of the match was Dylan Agyake, who was superb in midfield."

Posted at 19:00

Saturday 19 September - Hendon 0 Springfield 1

Hendon Under-21s slipped to a narrow defeat against an excellent Springfield team in their league encounter at Chase Lodge on Saturday afternoon. Hendon were hampered by three players dropping out in the day before the match, university commitments rightly taking priority, but the team still battled one of the top teams in the division all the way. The match was mainly a midfield battle with neither attacks getting much of a look at goal. The turning point of the game came midway through the second half, when Hendon were awarded a penalty. Rafael Augustin took the spot kick, but he was denied by a superb save from the Springfield goalkeeper, whose rapid clearance set up the winner - on the break - at the other end. Adding to Hendon's disappointment at conceding in this manner was the fact that the referee overruled his assistant's flag for offside against the goalscorer. Joint manager Graham Bourne said, "There were only two shots at goal in the whole match, our penalty which was saved, and their counter-attack from the penalty, which they scored. Springfield are a very good side and I don't think they will lose many matches in the League this season. "But I thought we were absolutely superb and deserved something from the game. My man of the match was Niall Haughton, who was excellent at right back. That said, every one of our players did very well today and I am so proud of them."

Posted at 19:00

Saturday 12 September - Hendon 5 FC Baresi 0

Hendon Under-21s were able to put out a much stronger team for their second Cherry Red Books Middlesex County League Division 1 Central and East fixture, at home to FC Baresi and the new-look team were far too strong for their visitors, winning 5-0. The only goal of the first half, during which Hendon missed a hatful of chances, came after 14 minutes and the goalscorer was Emmanuel JONJO. After the break, Hendon upped the tempo and struck four times in 19 minutes. Seven minutes into the second half Luke COOKE doubled the Hendon lead and, with his first touch as a substitute Rory LINCOLN made it 3-0 on the hour mark. Nine minutes later, COOKE had his second goal and, two minutes thereafter, LINCOLN also completed his brace. "We were outstanding," said happy joint-manager Graham Bourne. "We played really well and could have been more than one goal ahead at half-time. In the second half the goals came. My man of the match was Carl CIAGORO, who was superb for the full game."

Posted at 19:00

Saturday 05 September - Sporting Hackney 3 Hendon 1

Hendon Under-21's season-opener at Sporting Hackney went ahead with the Greens having the bare 11 players, none of whom were recognised goalkeepers and, in the circumstances, put up a fine show despite going down 3-1. Sporting Hackney scored twice in the first half, but Hendon pulled a goal back four minutes after the resumption when Carl CIAGORO scored. That was as good as it got for Hendon and they conceded a third goal later in the half. Joint managers Graham Bourne and Eamon Finn, who returned to the club at short notice just before the season started, were delighted with the performance and gave their man of the match award to Dylan AGYAKO, who not only made a number of telling interceptions and broke up many dangerous attacks from Sporting.

Posted at 19:00