Covid-19: Supporters are starting to be readmitted to games where possible. However, all clubs have varying procedures to be followed. Please always check ticketing details and other requirements on our news pages and also with the host club before travelling.

For further details on some of the measures we are taking, please see our coronavirus risk assessment and accompanying notes

Reserves News, 1964/1965

Saturday 20 March - Tunnel Sports 1 Hendon 2

We reached the final of the London Intermediate Cup by beating Tunnel Sports at Dartford 2-1. Elved Price and Rod Cullum scoring. Stand in goalkeeper Laurie Churchill saved a penalty which he himself gave away.

Posted at 18:00

Tuesday 16 March - Hendon 4 Barking 1

We had a comfortable win against Barking, David Swain got two and Rod Cullum two beating them 4-1.

Posted at 23:00

Saturday 06 February - Hendon 2 St Albans City 1

The reserves had to fight hard to get both points from St Albans at home last Saturday. A goal down at half-time they struggled hard and goals by David Swain and Arthur Peel eventually clinched the issue and brought the number of undefeated home games to 47.

Posted at 18:00

Saturday 02 January - Hendon 1 Oxford City 0

The reserves returned to winning form with a 1-0 win at home to Oxford last Saturday. A fine goal from a Laurie Churchill header after 65 minutes gave us both points and keeps us well clear at the top of the reserve section.

Posted at 18:00

Saturday 05 December - Hendon 3 Enfield 2

Jack Olrog had a headache in finalising his team for the visit of challengers Enfield. Brian Chubb cried off with flu overnight, so a reshuffle was necessary. Gill Jones came in for his third game, and Russell Cox was dropped back to right back. A newcomer, Russ Fleming played a promising game at right half and had a big hand in this wonderful 3-2 victory against a very strong Enfield side. Hughes, Churchill and Jenkins were the scorers

Posted at 18:00

Saturday 21 November - Kingstonian 1 Hendon 2

The reserves are still setting a very hot space in the reserve section of the league. With a very good win against Kingstonian they take a five point lead and have a game in hand as well. Rod Cullum got two goals in the first half and that proved to be enough to win. The game was marred by and accident to John Allen who had 11 stitches put into a gash on his knee.

Posted at 18:00

Saturday 14 November - Hendon 7 Maidstone United 1

The reserves maintained their unbeaten record with a very good 7-1 win over Maidstone. Outside left Matt Hughes, former St Albans winger, having his first game for the club helped to open the scoring when his corner in the 16th minute was sliced into this own goal by the right back. A hat-trick by Fred Pudney in the first half and three more by Jim Jenkins made up the home tally. Hendry scored a consolation goal for Maidstone in the last minute.

Posted at 18:00

Saturday 31 October - Hendon 4 Uxbridge 1

The reserves progressed safely through the first round of the Middlesex Intermediate Cup, when they beat Uxbridge Reserves 4-1. We took a three goal lead after 15 minutes, but then decided to take it easy. This gave Uxbridge the chance to reduce the arrears, but we scored another to make it safe. Laurie Churchill (2), Jim Jenkins and Peter Dean were the scorers.

Posted at 18:00

Saturday 10 October - Maidstone United 0 Hendon 4

The reserves retained their 100% record at the expense of Maidstone United reserves. Laurie Churchill celebrated his return with two great goals and had two more disallowed. The man of the match however was Jim Jenkins, who put up a superb show, and also scored a great goal. This was after penalty king Fred Pudney had given us the lead from the spot. Roy Whiteaker had a very quiet afternoon in goal and has now gone five games without conceding a single goal.

Posted at 18:00

Saturday 03 October - Wycombe Wanderers 0 Hendon 2

The reserves continued on their winning way with a 2-0 win at Wycombe, both goals coming in the second half. Peter Gray and Rod Callum were the scorers.

Posted at 18:00

Saturday 26 September - Hendon 2 Bromley 0

The reserves made hard work of the home game against Bromley, running out winners by two second half goals by Mitchell and Cullum. The game should have been sewn up in the first half but chances were missed that should have been converted. This win keeps us at equal top with six games, six wins.

Posted at 18:00

Saturday 19 September - Hendon 6 Clapton 0

Roy Walker has been in the wars again, he was taken to hospital after receiving a kick over the eye in the early stages of the reserve game with Clapton. The injury required three stitches but he has suffered no ill effects. The team went on to win by a very convincing 6-0 without him.

Posted at 18:00

Saturday 12 September - Tooting & Mitcham United 0 Hendon 6

The reserves fielded their strongest side of the season and won a very convincing 6-0 victory over Tooting at Sandy Lane last week. Jenkins (2), Pudney, Walker, Knox and Chubb were our scorers.

Posted at 18:00

Saturday 05 September - Hendon 4 Kingstonian 1

The reserves had another home win and have now gone 37 home games without defeat. This is a fantastic record when you consider the number of players that are taken for the 1st team. Kingstonians were at the receiving end this time and got a very good 4-1 hiding. Rod Cullum, new signing from Loughborough College scored two and Peter Dean got the other two.

Posted at 18:00

Saturday 29 August - Hendon 5 Tooting & Mitcham United 1

Jack Olrog's young reserve team continued on their merry way, handing out a 5-1 hiding to Tooting. Brian Chubb scored the first from a cross by David Sinclair. Charlie White made it two just on the interval, David Sinclair and Peter Grey (2) made certain of the points. Olden scored Tooting's consolation goal just before the end.

Posted at 18:00

Saturday 22 August - Walthamstow Avenue 2 Hendon 3

The reserves made a great start at Walthamstow when they surprised everyone with an odd goal in five win. With only Peter Dean and newly appointed skipper George Rocknean with any senior experience, these lads, promoted from last year's 'A' team, turned in some fine fighting football. Peter Gray put us on the right road when he finished off a deflection from Frank Allan's shot in the fourth minute. A defensive error led to Walthamstow equalising in the 10th minute. No further scoring until the 43rd minute, when Russell Cox sent Jim Jenkins through to score and give us a 2-1 interval lead. Walthamstow equalised in the 53rd minute and the struggle was on. A shot from Peter Gray in the 84th minute hit the underside of the bar and went to Frank Allen, who had an easy job to score and make us worthy winners by 3-2. Team manager Jack Elrog and team coach Bill Fisher were very impressed with the performance of some of the new boys, particularly the left back, 17-year-old Mick Cooper, who is a Brentford Junior.

Posted at 18:00