Match Report

Chippenham Town
N Jarvis, N McCootie 2, G Rigg
R German
Match details
Competition: FA Cup
Date: Wednesday 10 October 2018
Attendance: 402

This tie was delayed due to Phoenix Sports being expelled from the competition for fielding an ineligible player and their opponents Lancing were reinstated. Hendon v Lancing went to a replay on the preceding Sunday meaning this tie didn’t take place until Wednesday.

That seemed to affect the Greens more than the Bluebirds, who put in a polished performance scoring three first half goals to wrap the tie up despite the fact that the Bluebirds were without eight of their first team squad and also lost Dean Evans to injury in the eleventh minute.

That said Hendon were the first to show as Luke Tingey launched a long throw which was headed over by Romario Jonas. The Bluebirds almost opened the scoring on five minutes when Josh Smile's through ball saw Hendon keeper Danny Boness rush out of his area to meet Nick McCootie. The keeper’s clearance cannoned into the Bluebirds striker and ran back towards the empty net but rolled wide with McCootie just short of chasing it down.

A quick free kick saw Mike Jones's effort blocked by Boness. Substitute Callum Gunner's nineteenth minute shot was then blocked by the Greens keeper and Jones's follow-up effort was cleared off the line. Four minutes later McCootie’s shot deflected off a defender for a corner. Smile’s flag-kick was headed back by Will Richards and Nat Jarvis made no mistake from close in.

Matt Smith then failed to find the target with an angled shot whilst McCootie's clever flick over his shoulder was just wide. The Bluebirds doubled their lead on thirty two minutes when McCootie again challenged Boness and the ball again bounced goalwards but on this occasion McCootie was able to catch the ball and guide it into the net.

On forty one minutes another long throw from Tingey was cleared for a Lee Chappell corner from which substitute Marvin Morgan headed over the bar. Skipper Chappell then hit a Hendon free kick over the bar from a good position. Chippenham hit their third in stoppage time when Brad Andrews's long clearance found McCootie and he lifted the ball over Boness.

Chippenham put the game beyond doubt ten minutes into the second half when Smile's corner was only cleared as far as George Rigg who thumped an unstoppable shot into Boness’s top right hand corner.

Just before the hour mark Smith found Smile who tried to place his shot but it was blocked by a defender. Hendon top scorer Ricardo German pulled a goal back on sixty eight minutes.

On seventy four minutes Rigg's free kick was chested down by Richards into the path of Gunner but his shot went over the bar. Five minutes later Smith's cross found Jarvis inside the six yard box but his shot hit Boness.

Kieran Parselle headed over a Smile corner as the Bluebirds continued to dominate, whilst substitute Karnell Chambers cut in but his low shot was saved. Smith's eighty fourth minute shot went straight at Boness whilst Chambers found Smith whose effort was blocked by the keeper.

Report by Wil Hulbert (Chippenham Town) : Not to be reproduced without prior permission

Chippenham Town

Home Squad
Shirt Player Info
1 Brad House  
2 George Rigg  
4 Michael Jones  
6 Will Richards  
8 Matt Smith  
9 Nat Jarvis  
14 Kieran Parselle  
15 Dean Evans  
16 Curtis McDonald  
18 Nick McCootie  
19 Josh Smile  
3 John Beeden for 4 , 89
5 Gary Horgan  
12 Callum Gunner for 15 , 11
13 Conor Thompson  
17 Karnell Chambers for 18 , 72
20 Yan Klukowski  


Away Squad
Shirt Player Info
1 Danny Boness  
2 Howard Hall  
3 Lee Chappell  
4 Luke Tingey  
5 Romario Jonas  
6 Prince Mbengui  
7 Stephane Ngamvoulou  
8 Laste Dombaxe  
9 Ricardo German  
10 Shaquille Hippolyte-Patrick  
11 Cole Brown  
12 Gianni Crichlow for 7 , 55
13 Taishan Griffith for 6 , 63
14 Marvin Morgan for 11 , 38
15 Tyriq Hunte