News - October 2011

Sunday 30 October - Video of McCluskey's goal

We have been sent a link to Carl McCluskey's goal from yesterday. To see the goal just click the link below.

We are very grateful to Rob Black, who filmed the footage, for sending us the link.

Carl McCluskey's goal v Luton Town

Posted at 14:22

Sunday 30 October - Casey reaches appearance milestone

Casey Maclaren made his 150th appearance yesterday at Luton, but it will be one to forget due to his injury suffered in the first half.

The elder of the two Maclaren brothers joined us from AFC Wimbledon in the summer of 2007, and made his debut early that season as a late substitute in a 2-1 win over Leyton.

Apart from missing most of the 2008-09 season with injury, Casey has been a regular member of the squad, scoring 21 goals during his time with us so far.

Sadly, due to his medial ligament injury, it looks like his 151st appearance is at least 4-6 weeks away.

Posted at 05:02

Sunday 30 October - Busby requires an operation

We have received an update on Jamie Busby following his injury at yesterday's game.

Unfortunately it has been confirmed that he has fractured his cheekbone and will require surgery. At the moment we don't know how long he will be unavailable for, and we wish him all the best for a speedy recovery.

Posted at 04:29

Saturday 29 October - News on today's injuries

We have had some news on the injuries picked up by various players at Luton today.

Jamie Busby has a suspected broken cheekbone, Casey Maclaren has damaged medial ligaments, whilst Carl McCluskey suffered a dead leg.

Also, Luton's James Dance, who was injured in the process of scoring their second goal, has also suffered a suspected broken cheekbone.

Finally, as some supporters will be aware, Gary McCann spent last night in hospital with a suspected blood infection. Whilst he was discharged and able to be at Kenilworth Road today, this evening he is feeling very rough and may be going back to hospital.

Everyone connected with the club wishes Jamie, Casey, Carl, James and Gary speedy recoveries from their various ailments, along with all those other injured players at both clubs who were unable to play in the game.

Posted at 19:16

Saturday 29 October - Hatters knock Greens out of FA Cup

Hendon were ultimately well beaten by Luton Town to end their FA Cup run, but the 5-1 scoreline was a touch harsh.

It was a perfect start for the Greens, as with their first chance at goal in the 5th minute, Carl McCluskey headed home a free-kick much to the delight of the 193 travelling fans in the Oak Road Stand.

However the Hatters hit back, and were level within 3 minutes, Aaron O'Connor converting a penalty, and head after 13 when James Dance headed home. Unfortunately Dance suffered what appeared to be a nasty injury in the process of scoring and he was stretchered off. We hope that it's not serious and he's back in action soon.

Luton went further ahead in the 25th minute with Tommy Wright finding the back of the net from close range. The home side were passing the ball around very well, and weren't allowing the Greens time on the ball when they were in possession. The Hendon cause wasn't helped with Casey Maclaren and Carl McCluskey picking up injuries and both had to be replaced before half-time.

The second half saw Hendon start very brightly, and both Belal Aite-Ouakrim and James Parker, the latter with a superb overhead effort, saw chances go wide. However in the 64th minute Kevin Maclaren picked up a second yellow card, both card were a bit silly and unnecessary, to reduce the Greens to ten men.

In the 71st minute, with Jamie Busby off the field getting treatment on a head injury, Luton took advantage of their two man advantage and Stuart Fleetwood scored. Before the Greens had a chance to replace Busby, O'Connor had scored his second of the afternoon to give the home side an unassailable 5-1 lead. With the Greens being down to nine men for those couple of minutes, the two goals gave the scoreline a bit of gloss for the Hatters.

The tired Hendon side continued to battle and work hard, Ryan Wharton and Elliott Charles standing out in particular, and their performance probably deserved a second goal but it wouldn't come.

There's no doubt that the right side have progressed to the first round, and we wish Luton all the very best for the rest of the season, particularly in their bid to return to the Football League.

Posted at 18:00

Friday 28 October - Live BBC commentary on Luton game

If you are unable to get to Luton for tomorrow's FA Cup game, BBC Three Counties will be carrying live commentary of the game.

The game will be featured on their Medium Wave service on 630 & 1161 wavelengths, and also featured online via the BBC Three Counties website (

Posted at 12:39

Friday 28 October - Excitement building for Luton game

It's a big day for the first team tomorrow as they make the trip to Luton Town for the FA Cup Fourth Qualifying Round tie. In what is undoubtedly one of the toughest non-league grounds to go to, the squad will be determined to build on the much improved second-half performance against Metropolitan Police, find the back of the net, and hopefully cause a cup shock.

Whilst Luton are understandably prioritising on returning to the Football League, their manager, Gary Brabin, has said in the local media that they will not be taking tomorrow's game lightly, although like the Greens, the Hatters do have a number of players out injured.

Gary McCann has said that the squad are really up for the game, and are thoroughly looking forward to it. He has kept his cards close to his chest regarding the injured players, but will be hoping that some may be fit enough to take part.

Supporters are reminded that Hendon fans are being accomodated in the Oak Road stand - and should enter the ground via the turnstiles in Oak Road. There will not be an opportunity to change ends at half-time like normal. We also ask that our supporters take note of any instructions from the stewards inside and outside the ground.

Full details on how to get to Kenilworth Road, and the admission prices can be found on the front page of the website.

We hope to see as many of you as possible at the game tomorrow - and if possible, please wear as much green as possible. The team will be wearing the green kit.

Posted at 10:13

Wednesday 26 October - AFC Hornchurch trip rearranged

Our away game at AFC Hornchurch will now take place on Tuesday 29th November, kicking off at 7:45pm.

Posted at 16:39

Wednesday 26 October - London Senior Cup opponents known

Following their 1-0 win over Haringey Borough last night, we will be travelling to Barking in the London Senior Cup 5th Round. The date for the game will be announced in due course, but it is likely to be sometime between now and Christmas.

Barking currently lie in mid-table in the Essex Senior League, having picked up 16 points from 10 games. We last played them in January 1997 in the London Challenge Cup when we lost 4-3 at Mayesbrook Park despite a brace from John Richardson and a goal from Mark Dawber.

Posted at 12:09

Tuesday 25 October - Greens fail to take second half chances

Hendon failed to take a number of good goalscoring chances in the second half this evening as they lost 3-1 to Metropolitan Police at Vale Farm.

The Greens had taken the lead in the 14th minute when Jamie Busby converted a spot kick after Elliott Charoles had been fouled by Orlando Jeffrey in the box. The Police equalised in the 26th minute when Sean Thomas was unable to keep out a Tyron Smith free kick despite getting a strong hand to the ball, and three minutes later the visitors were ahead when an unusally statuesque defence allowed Duran Reynolds to head home unchallenged from a corner.

The second half saw much of the play in the Met Police half, and the Greens created a number of chances, but they were unable to find the back of the net. Visiting keeper Jamie Butler made one excellent point blank save, whilst another effort was cleared off the line by a defender. The best chance fell to Isaiah Rankin, but he fired the ball over he bar.

As the Greens piled forward in search of an equaliser, they were hit on the break and Carl Wilson-Denis scored to put a bit of gloss on the result.

There is no doubt that Metropolitan Police deserved to win the game tonight, not least because they took their chances, but there were certainly positives to come out of the Hendon performance, second half particularly despite the inability to convert chances.

Posted at 23:21

Tuesday 25 October - New date for Leatherhead game

Our home league game against Leatherhead will now be played on Sunday 6th November at Vale Farm, kicking off at 3:00pm.

Posted at 14:57

Tuesday 25 October - Focus is on picking up three points

A win tonight against Metropolitan Police would return the Greens to the top of the table, at least until Saturday afternoon. Therefore Gary McCann will be working hard to ensure that the squad are fully focused on the job in hand following the disappointing defeat at Canvey Island at the weekend.

Our opponents also had a disappointing FA Trophy defeat, going down 1-0 at Folkestone Invicta, but, in their first season in the top flight of the Isthmian League, the boys in blue have had a steady start to their campaign, picking up 19 points in their 12 games so far, leaving them in 9th place going into tonight's game.

Tonight is the Greens' first home game for 6 weeks, following a run of 8 away games in all competitions, so it is important as many of us as possible turn up to get behind the team and hopefully cheer them on to three points.

Kick off at Vale Farm is at the usual midweek time of 7.45pm.

Posted at 08:53

Sunday 23 October - Luke-Harris brace earns Under 15s a win

A goal in each half from Markael Luke-Harris was enough to ensure the under 15s won 2-0 at Heathrow Club. In truth, it was a comfortable afternoon for the young Greens, who have moved into second place in the league table.

Posted at 21:01

Saturday 22 October - Poor FA Trophy run continues

Hendon's poor FA Trophy form continued this afternoon, as they lost 4-0 at Canvey Island in the first qualifying round. The last time the Greens won more than one game in the competition in a season was back in the 2004-05 season.

The hero for Canvey was Robbie King, who scored a hat-trick, the first coming from the penalty spot in the 22nd minute, his second coming early in the second half, and his third in stoppage time. The other goal was scored by Jason Hallett in stoppage time.

Elsewhere, Metropolitan Police lost their tie 1-0, so our game on Tuesday will go ahead as planned, whilst AFC Hornchurch won 2-1, so our trip there on 5th November has been postponed.

Posted at 17:43

Tuesday 18 October - Greens out of league cup at first attempt

As has often been the case in recent years, Hendon were knocked out of the League Cup at the first attempt this evening, beaten by Harrow Borough for the second year in a row.

The Greens had the perfect start when they took the lead in the 5th minute through James Parker, but Harrow took the game with goals in the 75th and 77th minutes from Evandro Delgado and JJ Bates.

Posted at 23:37

Tuesday 18 October - Arrangements for the Luton FA Cup tie announced

We are now able to announce the admission prices and details for the forthcoming FA Cup tie at Luton Town on Saturday 29th October. Kick off is confirmed as being at 3.00pm as normal.

It will be a pay on the day game and there are no plans to sell tickets in advance.

All Hendon supporters should enter the stadium via the Oak Road turnstiles, which is the end of the ground furthest away from the town centre. Oak Road is easy to find from the main road as Oakdale Methodist Church is on the corner. If you walk down Oak Road, you will find the turnstiles on the left hand side.

We will be accomodated in the away end, which is an all seater stand. Seats will not be allocated, so you will be able to sit where you like in that area. However, we do ask that all supporters abide by any instructions from the stewards.

The admission prices for the game will be £12 for adults, £6 for senior citizens and those aged 17-21, £3 for those aged 10-16 and £1 for under 10s. Please ensure that you have ID available for proof of age in case it is requested.

If a replay is required, it will take place at Vale Farm on Wednesday 2nd November, kicking off at 7.45pm. Ticket prices will be £12 for adults, £9 for senior citizens and those aged 17-21, £6 for those aged 10-16 and £3 for under 10s. Again, we ask that you have ID available for proof of age.

In terms of getting to the ground, if you are travelling by car, we advise that you park in the multistorey car parks in the town centre and take the 15 minute walk to the ground. Full directions can be found on the directions page.

If you have any questions relating to the game, please email the club on and we will answer them as quickly as possible.

Posted at 17:56

Tuesday 18 October - Kit sponsorship deal announced

Hendon Football Club are delighted to announce that a sponsorship deal has just been agreed with All Square Lighting.

They will be sponsoring the front of the first team home kit, as they did last season, as well as extending the deal to include sponsorship of the Under 15's kit.

The directors would like to thank All Square Lighting for their continued support of the club.

Posted at 10:43

Tuesday 18 October - No extra time this evening

At the League AGM in the summer, the clubs voted that there would no longer be extra time in the League Cup. This means that if tonight's game is level after 90 minutes, then it will go straight to penalties.

Extra time still remains in FA Cup and FA Trophy replays, as well as in the Middlesex Senior Cup and London Senior Cup.

Posted at 09:03

Monday 17 October - Coach running to Canvey Island

We are running a coach to Canvey Island on Saturday, and as normal seats are available to supporters for £10.

As with the previous two weeks, if you would like to travel on the coach, please either email the club on or call Steve Rogers on 07748 526594.

You'll be given the departure details upon making your booking.

Posted at 19:28

Monday 17 October - Gary delighted with FA Cup draw

Gary McCann has spoken of his delight this morning following the FA Cup draw throwing up a trip to Luton Town in the fourth qualifying round.

"I am over the moon with the draw", he said. "I said, on the way back from Maldon, that we would like either a lesser club at home or a trip to Luton, and we have got the trip to Luton.

"It's as tough a game as we could have, but it is a game that everyone will remember and it will give our players the chance to shin against the very best in non-league football.

"I am sure that the game will be well organised and we will be doing everything to be prepared for the match and, hopefully, to cause a huge upset."

Posted at 13:34

Monday 17 October - Tough draw in FA Cup

The fourth qualifying round draw of the FA Cup has been made, and we have been drawn away to Blue Square Premier side Luton Town.

This is by far one of the toughest possible draws we could have had, but Gary McCann and the squad will be very keen to cause an upset and take the club into the First Round.

The game will be played at Kenilworth Road on Saturday 29th October at 3.00pm

Posted at 11:30

Monday 17 October - League Cup campaign starts tomorrow

We commence our League Cup campaign tomorrow evening with a trip to Harrow Borough, the third time in four years that we have met our near neighbours in the competition.

The competition is called The Alan Boon Cup this season as part of a sponsorship deal with Boon Electricals. Many supporters will remember Alan Boon was the chairman of Staines Town until his untimely death earlier this year, and also that he was very helpful towards us when we were forced to leave Claremont Road at short notice.

Kick off at Earlsmead is at 7.45pm, and admission prices are £10 adults and £5 concessions.

Posted at 10:12

Sunday 16 October - Under 15s win in county cup

The under 15s continued their good start to the season with an excellent 3-1 win over Ruislip Town A in the second round of the County Cup earlier today.

On target against the higher division club were Edson Gomes, Laelae Gayle and Emery Asher. A full report can be found on the under 15 page as normal.

Posted at 22:07

Sunday 16 October - Gary pleased to progress

Despite a disappointing first hour, Gary McCann was pleased that with the way the squad responded to win at Maldon & Tiptree yesterday afternoon.

"I don't think there were too many composed performances out there, especially in the first hour", he said, "but we definitely didn't deserve to be behind at half-time.

"The turning point was Sean Thomas's point blank save early in the second half, and after we scored, the performance was much better. It would have been very hard to come back from two goals down.

"It was another potential banana skin, especially as Maldon are much better than their lowly league position suggests."

Posted at 13:38

Saturday 15 October - Hendon come back from behind

Hendon came back from going a goal behind at Maldon & Tiptree to win 3-1 and progress into the final qualifying round of the FA Cup for the third season in a row.

Maldon were just the better of the two sides for the first hour and were deservedly ahead at half-time following a 34th minute goal from Marcus Milner.

The game turned in the 61st minute when Carl McCluskey equalised, and this appeared to spark the Greens into life. Greg Ngoyi put Hendon ahead five minutes later, and things were made easier in the 75th minute when Maldon's James Lawson was sent off for an off the ball incident.

The final goal that secured progression in the competition came shortly before the end from Elliott Godfrey.

The next round will be played on Saturday 29th October, which means that our planned home game against Leatherhead will be rearranged for a new date.

Posted at 17:16

Friday 14 October - Greens begin run of cup ties

The first team begin a run of cup games tomorrow afternoon as they travel to Maldon & Tiptree in the third qualifying round of the FA Cup.

We met our opponents last season in the same competition at Vale Farm in the second qualifying round, running out 2-1 winners with Jamie Busby and Aaron Morgan on the scoresheet.

Back in the 2005-06 season we met Maldon Town twice in the league, drawing 1-1 at Claremont Road, and then 2-2 in the return fixture - the latter game was when Busby made his debut for the club.

Maldon's cup form has been somewhat better than their league form, where they currently lie in 19th place in Division One North, which just 7 points from their 9 games so far.

To reach this point in the FA Cup, Maldon have won 9-0 at Ipswich Wanderers, beaten Cambridge City 2-1 in a replay following a 2-2 draw, and then beaten Whitehawk 2-1, also in a replay, following a 0-0 draw on the south coast.

Admission prices are £8 adults, £5 concessions and £2 for under 16s. Should a replay be required, it will take place at Vale Farm on Tuesday evening, kicking off at 7.45pm. Our normal admission prices will apply.

Posted at 09:14

Tuesday 11 October - Belal goal enough to win friendly

A 50th minute strike from Belal Aite-Ouakrim was enough to win this evening's friendly at Tring Athletic, the final score being 1-0 to the Greens.

The Hendon line-up included Eddie Munnelly, who was with us last season, and also saw substitute appearances from Junior Lewis and Freddie Hyatt. Two trialists were given some match time in the second half, Jamie Turner and Kimil Erkerslan both playing in a university team managed by Rakatahr Hudson.

Posted at 22:15

Monday 10 October - Hendon drawn away in London Senior Cup

Hendon have been drawn away in the London Senior Cup 5th Round, and face a trip to either Barking, Haringey Borough or Holmesdale on a date to be arranged. Barking will be at home to the winners of the tie between Haringey Borough or Holmesdale in the fourth round.

The other ties in the fifth round are as follows

Bromley v Cray Wanderers

Welling United v Kingstonian

Wingate & Finchley v AFC Wimbledon

Barkingside or Dulwich Hamlet v Erith & Belvedere or Croydon or Cray Valley Paper Mills or Haringey & Waltham Development or Hanwell Town

Harrow Borough v Lewisham Borough Community or Erith Town or Corinthian-Casuals

Tooting & Mitcham United v Redbridge or Croydon Athletic

Metropolitan Police v Beckenham Town or Fisher or Bethnal Green United or Thamesmead Town

Posted at 19:53

Monday 10 October - London Senior Cup draw live on the radio tonight

The draw for the 5th round of the London Senior Cup will be broadcast live on BBC London this evening at 7:45pm. This has been set up by David Ballheimer, who will be present at the draw. BBC London can be found on 94.9FM, on DAB or online.

The 5th round is the last 16, with AFC Wimbledon, Bromley, Cray Wanderers, Harrow Borough, Kingstonian, Metropolitan Police, Tooting & Mitcham United, Welling United and Wingate & Finchley joining us with byes in the draw.

We will post the draw on Greensnet as soon as the draw has been made.

Posted at 18:39

Monday 10 October - Coach running to Maldon & Tiptree

We will be running a coach to Maldon & Tiptree on Saturday, and as always seats are available to supporters for £10. If you would like to travel on the coach, please either email the club on, or call Steve Rogers on 07748 526594. Upon booking you will be given the departure time of the coach.

Posted at 11:39

Monday 10 October - Friendly arranged at Tring tomorrow

We have arranged a friendly which will take place at Tring Athletic tomorrow evening, kicking off at 7:45pm. The game has been arranged so that the management team can give some much needed match time to those players who have not been regularly involved in the matchday squad so far this season.

Posted at 11:24

Sunday 09 October - Under 15s share ten goals

The under 15s shared ten goals this morning as they drew 5-5 against Eagles United, two late goals for Eagles earning them a share of the points.

Man of the match Markael Luke-Harris scored twice, with James Johnson, Laelae Gayle and Ahmed Ahmed also finding the back of the net.

A full report can be found on the under 15 pages.

Posted at 17:25

Saturday 08 October - Quickfire double earns the points at Hastings

Two goals in three minutes earnt the Greens a 2-0 win against a Hastings United side who failed to register a shot on target this afternoon.

Whilst the home side were tidy on the ball, they lacked cutting edge up front, and it was the Greens who were creating chances throughout the first half. Hendon did get the ball into the net, but the goal was disallowed for offside.

The second half continued in a similar vein, and the Greens got their reward in the 74th minute when Michael Peacock scored from a corner for his first goal of the season.

Just two minutes later, Elliott Charles, with his 3rd goal in 3 games since joining the club, doubled the lead with a fine finish.

The result sees the club move up to 3rd place in the league table.

Posted at 17:21

Saturday 08 October - Scott reaches 150 appearances

Today's game at Hastings United has seen Scott Cousins make his 150th appearance for the club, scoring 13 goals in the process.#

The current club captain originally joined the club from Chelsea in the summer of 2003 and spent a year with us before joining St Albans City for 5 years. A short spell at Carshalton Athletic followed before his return to the Greens, since when he has been a firm fixture in the starting line up.

Everyone at the club congratulates Scott on reaching 150 appearances, and we look forward, as always, to seeing plenty more of him in the weeks and months to come.

Posted at 17:17

Friday 07 October - Two join squad ahead of Hastings game

We are pleased to announce that Gary McCann has secured the signature of two players ahead of tomorrow's game at Hastings United, one of whom needs no introduction.

Returning to the club for his third spell is the popular striker Belal Aite-Ouakrim who joins us on a dual-registration from Staines Town. In his previous two spells he scored a total of 46 goals in 124 appearances.

Also joining is 32 year old midfielder Dewayne Clarke, who has recently been released by Kingstonian. He has previously apppeared for numerous clubs including Dulwich Hamlet, Rotherham United, Boston United and Harrow Borough.

Posted at 22:57

Friday 07 October - Greens off to the seaside

It's back to league action this weekend as the first team make the trip down to the south coast to play Hastings United.

Hastings have had a mixed start to the season, picking up 10 points from their 10 games played so far, but they were knocked out of the FA Cup at the first attempt by Cray Wanderers, and have failed to win any of their three games since - drawing with Harrow Borough and Leatherhead before losing 2-0 at Billericay Town on Tuesday evening.

Jason Hopkinson, who took over as manager at the Pilot Field last December, has put together a squad made up largely of players aged 22 and under, with a few experienced heads around them, including defender Sean Ray.

Last season, both games ended in draws, with a goalless draw at Vale Farm in August being followed by a 1-1 draw at the Pilot Field in April, Dave Diedhiou scoring for the Greens.

Gary McCann will be very keen to ensure that the squad pick up all three points, particularly as cup games become the focus over the next fortnight, and also as Lowestoft dropped points during the week, it means that a win ensures the Greens remain well involved in the leading pack.

Kick off at the Pilot Field is at 3.00pm, and admission is £9 for adults, £6 for concessions, £3 for young adults aged 18-21, and free for under 18s.

Posted at 09:10

Thursday 06 October - Horsham game rearranged

Our home league game against Horsham will now take place on Wednesday 2nd November, kicking off at 7:45pm.

Posted at 11:19

Thursday 06 October - Under 14 squad withdrawn

It is with great disappointment that we have had to take the decision to withdraw our under 14 team from the Harrow Youth League with immediate effect. Unfortunately, despite a lot of hard work in trying to attract players, we have struggled to field a side in both games this season, and there were no signs that player availability was going to improve.

On a much more positive note, three players from the under 14 squad are now going to be drafted into the under 15s, a squad that have made a very good start to the campaign, and are showing some very good signs for the future. The under 15s now have alongside them the combined strengths of Andrew Reith, John McKinney and Alan Rolnick.

Youth development officer, Alan Rolnick, has admitted that he is very disappointed that we have had to take this action because so much effort was made pre-season to ensure that our youth programme could run two very successful teams fot the 2011-12 campaign.

He went on to say that in stressing this it's worth noting that 24 training sessions and 2 friendlies were held. He was surprised that attracting players to the club certainly proved to be a much greater mountain to climb that was originally anticipated. However, with the experience that the club has gained over the past few months, we have a much clearer picture as we plan for the 2012-13 season.

Posted at 11:10

Wednesday 05 October - Supporters Trust questionnaire update

The supporters trust board would like to thank all those supporters who filled in one of their questionnaires at tbe beginning of the season.

The board are currently going through them and will be aiming to respond to individual points in detail in the next few weeks.

Posted at 22:21

Tuesday 04 October - Trip to Essex awaits in FA Cup

We will be travelling to Maldon & Tiptree in the third qualifying round of the FA Cup following their 2-1 win over Whitehawk this evening.

The game will be played on Saturday 15th October at 3.00pm, and if a replay is required it will take place at Vale Farm on the following Tuesday.

Posted at 23:00

Tuesday 04 October - New date for Lowestoft trip

Our trip to Lowestoft Town, which has been postponed due to both clubs progressing in the FA Cup, will now be played on Tuesday 15th November, kicking off at 7:45pm.

Posted at 12:28

Monday 03 October - FA Cup draw throws up familiar opponents

We are guaranteed to be playing opponents that we faced in last year's FA Cup run in the third qualifying round after the draw was made this morning.

We will travel to the winners of the replay between Whitehawk and Maldon & Tiptree on Saturday 15th October. The two sides drew 0-0 on Saturday at Whitehawk and will replay tomorrow evening.

Posted at 11:06

Sunday 02 October - Youth teams beaten in league cup

Both of our youth teams were beaten in their respective league cups this afternoon, with first team manager Gary McCann watching both games.

The under 15s were beaten 4-2 by Heathrow Club, whilst it was another heavy defeat for the under 14s, who were beaten 9-0 by Brunswick.

More details on both games will appear on their respective pages as and when we get them.

Posted at 16:54

Sunday 02 October - Coach to Hastings

We will be running a coach to Hastings United on Saturday, and as always seats are available to supporters for £10.

If you would like to travel on the coach, please either email the club on, or call Steve Rogers on 07748 526594. Upon booking you will be given the departure time of the coach.

Posted at 08:59

Saturday 01 October - Horsham & Lowestoft games postponed

Our upcoming league games at home to Horsham, and away to Lowestoft Town have been postponed.

The game against Horsham, which was due to be played on Tuesday evening, has been postponed as Horsham face a replay against Burnham during the week following a 2-2 draw this afternoon.

Meanwhile, our trip to Lowestoft Town, due to be played on Saturday 15th October, has also been postponed due to our progression in the FA Cup.

Posted at 18:30

Saturday 01 October - Greens spoil Oxhey's big day

Hendon progressed to the third qualifying round of the FA Cup this afternoon, beating Oxhey Jets 2-1 at the Boundary Stadium. The attendance at the game was 376, which is a record gate for the Hertfordshire side.

Whilst the Greens did enough to win the tie, Oxhey will have felt themselves unfortunate to be behind at half-time after Elliott Charles had turned the ball into the net just before the break.

Oxhey came back into the game immediately after the restart when Lewis Putman equalised with a fine effort, but as the game reached the hour mark, Greg Ngoyi restored the lead for Hendon with a fine finish of his own.

The remainder of the game saw the Greens have most of the possession, although Oxhey did have a couple of half chances on the break, whilst Elliott Godfrey and Casey Maclaren saw efforts go over the bar.

Oxhey will have ended the game disappointed not to have earnt a replay, but proud that they had been able to limit a side two levels above them to just two goals. We wish the Jets all the best for the rest of the season.

Posted at 18:28